Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Hobby Lobby Ethics
Quote | Reply
Does Hobby Lobby potentially supporting terrorists to build their bible museum change your view on their ethics?

http://time.com/...q-artifacts-smuggle/
Quote Reply
Re: Hobby Lobby Ethics [Moonrocket] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is shitty ethics by them anything new? I seem to recall my son saying something about them being anti-semitic for some reason?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't feel so bad buying stuff from Hobby King now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, when you're paying 7 individuals you've never heard of instead of the guy selling the artifacts, maybe, just maybe, there's something not quite kosher about the deal.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I hope the error is do to ignorance and bad judgement rather than intentionally skirting the law.
Quote Reply
Re: Hobby Lobby Ethics [Perseus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Since they hired a legal expert in artifacts who basically said this is a really bad idea and most likely looted, I can't really see ignorance or bad judgement.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Moonrocket wrote:
Does Hobby Lobby potentially supporting terrorists to build their bible museum change your view on their ethics?

You mean change from shitty to shittier...? Perfect example of what's wrong w/ this country ~ want to build a self-aggrandizing monument to (supposedly) piety and holiness, but really they're just a bunch of two-faced greedy dishonest assholes. If there really were a God, He'd have to smite those fuckwits just to make an example out of their duplicity in His name.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Perseus wrote:
I hope the error is do to ignorance and bad judgement rather than intentionally skirting the law.

Quote Reply
Re: Hobby Lobby Ethics [AndysStrongAle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AndysStrongAle wrote:
Since they hired a legal expert in artifacts who basically said this is a really bad idea and most likely looted, I can't really see ignorance or bad judgement.

I didn't know that. Not good.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
AndysStrongAle wrote:

Not to mention they most likely justified funding Radical Islamists in doing so.

They wired money to 7 individuals' bank accounts to pay for it rather than to the dealer. And accepted purposely mislabeled goods.

Doesn't really sound like an oops.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Perseus wrote:
AndysStrongAle wrote:

I didn't know that. Not good.

They also had a mix up in the shipping department. "The Oklahoma-based retailer had thousands of cuneiform tablets shipped to the U.S. through the United Arab Emirates and Israel with packaging labels "falsely described" as tile "samples," "

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Last edited by: j p o: Jul 6, 17 10:51
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
AndysStrongAle wrote:

If they hired a legal expert, .i.e. lawyer. How de we know what the lawyer advised them? Isn't that confidential? Should we wait and see if any of this proves true in a court?

I know I must be new here.
Quote Reply
Re: Hobby Lobby Ethics [patf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
patf wrote:
AndysStrongAle wrote:

If they hired a legal expert, .i.e. lawyer. How de we know what the lawyer advised them? Isn't that confidential? Should we wait and see if any of this proves true in a court?

Not going to court, already settled.

"Arts and crafts chain Hobby Lobby will forfeit more than five thousand ancient Iraqi artifacts and pay a $3 million settlement"

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Where does Hobby Lobby even sell these types of goods? The only reason we ever go there is to buy stuff once a year for pine wood derby cars, but must have missed the ancient artifact aisle. Could it be next to the pipe cleaners?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It is interesting that I cannot find anything about this on Fox News...
Quote Reply
Re: Hobby Lobby Ethics [jmcconne] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They are in the tile and flooring section.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
patf wrote:
AndysStrongAle wrote:

Legal expert doesn't have to be a lawyer...probably is. And yeah, that is what I thought as well, but who knows. Maybe Hobby Lobby, just spilled the beans and said, yeah we went against our council.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Moonrocket wrote:
It is interesting that I cannot find anything about this on Fox News...

http://www.foxnews.com/...iraqi-artifacts.html
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you!

My boss and I have different political views and play stump each other with news stories. So I often check multiple sources. I could not find that on the front page of Fox anywhere when I looked. I'm curious if the stories you see on the home page are cookie driven or if say both of us clicked at the same time we would see the same thing.
Quote Reply
Re: Hobby Lobby Ethics [jmcconne] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jmcconne wrote:
Where does Hobby Lobby even sell these types of goods? The only reason we ever go there is to buy stuff once a year for pine wood derby cars, but must have missed the ancient artifact aisle. Could it be next to the pipe cleaners?

They're for a private museum... Whatever moron approves this purchase should be fired
Quote Reply
Re: Hobby Lobby Ethics [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
jmcconne wrote:

They're for a private museum... Whatever moron approves this purchase should be fired

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Moonrocket wrote:
Thank you!

My boss and I have different political views and play stump each other with news stories. So I often check multiple sources. I could not find that on the front page of Fox anywhere when I looked. I'm curious if the stories you see on the home page are cookie driven or if say both of us clicked at the same time we would see the same thing.

It was probably bumped from the first page after a Kardashian left the house.
Quote Reply