Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 2018 Trek Bike Project One Photos [grumpier.mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So my 2018 Trek SC frame came with a narrow base bar. I still have my 2016 Trek with wider base bar. Should I swap these out? Is one more aero than the other?
Last edited by: trimac2: Sep 15, 17 13:16
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Trek Bike Project One Photos [JBell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You say that but the funny thing is before they announced the bike, and before I saw any pictures of Trek riders riding them, I built a 2017 in a similar but brighter scheme. If I remember which may be awhile knowing me I will take a good pic and post it.
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Trek Bike Project One Photos [trimac2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How do you measure "wider"? Depth or width between the brake levers?

Trek made a shallower UCI legal base bar, but I thought they stopped making those when the UCI gave up on the 3:1 rule. If you mean bar width, then by all means go narrower. Wide is slow.
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Trek Bike Project One Photos [grumpier.mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think its the UCI bar that came with the 2018 Trek SC. The one I had on my Trek I guess is the aero base bar. I'm wondering if there is much difference between the two or is this a marketing scheme.
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Trek Bike Project One Photos [trimac2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trimac2 wrote:
I think its the UCI bar that came with the 2018 Trek SC. The one I had on my Trek I guess is the aero base bar. I'm wondering if there is much difference between the two or is this a marketing scheme.

I'd guess difference is minimal at best. I know in their white paper there's virtually no difference between the deep and narrow fork. I'd guess the base bar is the same.
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Trek Bike Project One Photos [irfankaraman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am trying to decide between frames right now and had a few questions about the 2018 Trek frames. Does anyone know the tyre clearance? Also is the Di2 battery integrated or does it need to be mounted on the frame? Cheers!
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Trek Bike Project One Photos [kvrodrig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Di2 battery gets mounted in the seatpost.

I've ran as wide as a 26 mm turbo cotton on a zipp super 9 on the bike. You will need to move the washers to the other of brake arm to do so.

blog
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Trek Bike Project One Photos [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awesome! Thanks man!
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Trek Bike Project One Photos [irfankaraman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
irfankaraman wrote:
Hi;

Just beautiful.. more photos and review coming..

Project One 2018 - 9.9kg
6870 Ultegra Di2
105 Pedals
60/88 Carbon Clinchers w/Ceramic Bearings
25mm Continental GP 4000 SII
DuoTrap & SC Draft Box 2 & SC Speed Box
Elite TT Bottle Kit

Project One 2018 - 8.9kg
6870 Ultegra Di2
Cosmic Wheels w/Mavic Tire
DuoTrap & SC Draft Box 2 & SC Speed Box

I love the paint scheme, but cannot for the life of me understand why a project one bike doesn't come with an optioned painted draft box!? I mean they're already painting the frame to your specs, why not offer the draft box paint to match?

I have a 2015 SC that started life as the "stary night" paint scheme (black red posted above) and I had it painted my custom colors. Having the draft box painted sets it off and makes it look complete.

Quote Reply

Prev Next