Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

SALTSTICK FASTCHEWS
Quote | Reply
Has anyone tried the new SaltStick Fast Chews? Would like to hear what you think compared to normal pill-swallowing salt tabs. They don't have that much sodium compared to the potassium and Mg levels and compared to most salt tabs. So wondering it they work as well for you? Also wondering if they "hold up" better under very sweaty/wet conditions than pill-form salt tabs which tend to turn into a crumbled mess or a sticky glob of goo.

http://saltstick.com/...saltstick-fastchews/

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: SALTSTICK FASTCHEWS [Dale17] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I like the fastchews much better than the pill form. It seems like it gets to my system almost immediately. Plus, the flavor (I've only used the lemon lime) does the trick near the tail end of races when it's hard to palate much of anything. I keep the roll of fastchews in a ziplock in my race shorts pocket and have also used the single serving ones out of the bottle. I put them in a small container (I have some that are about the size of an old film canister) and I fill the extra space with a wad of saran wrap to keep them from bouncing around while I'm running.)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've got a small sponsorship deal with SaltStick and LOVE these chews. I ate one today for no reason whatsoever because they are almost like candy. One trick is to crush them with pliers and drop them into your home made fuel bottle if you want to mix them in whatever you're drinking.

They gave me a discount code for 25% off if you live in the U.S. If anybody wants it, send me a PM and I'll shoot it back to you.

----------------------------------------------------------
Zen and the Art of Triathlon. Strava Workout Log
Interviews with Chris McCormack, Helle Frederikson, Angela Naeth, and many more.
http://www.zentriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Re: SALTSTICK FASTCHEWS [ZenTriBrett] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Super! Thanks so much! I would love to get the code & try these. I'm not sure how to PM you?
Last edited by: Dale17: Jul 5, 17 18:03
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Funny story. My brother have me the small pack of these. I am use to the swallow salt pills so the first time i took one of these, yep, I swallowed it. It got stuck in my throat but I got that fucker down. After that I hesitantly chewed one up and was really surprised that I liked the taste. Does not taste like salt at all. I think you will enjoy them.

http://www.sfuelsgolonger.com
Quote Reply
Re: SALTSTICK FASTCHEWS [ZenTriBrett] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Brett - I tried going to your website to contact you but that didn't seem to work - gave me an error message. Can you perhaps send me an email contact?

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: SALTSTICK FASTCHEWS [BGNole97] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Use 2 per 15-30??? Are you supposed to carry the whole bottle? Is that a misprint on their website?
Quote Reply
Re: SALTSTICK FASTCHEWS [seeyouincourt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think that's if you're not getting any other salts and it's crazy humid. During the run of a very hot 70.3 in Austin last year I popped one every mile at each aid station along with water and Gatorade and coke. I also had some roctane in a gel flask.

I originally tried them near the end of a really hot training run and was sold. I sweat A LOT and they just seem to hit my system quickly and taste good.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What timing! I am a heavy sweater and always looking for new salt products. So yesterday I rode 76 miles with the heat index hitting 110 by the end. I took 10 tablets with me (in a ziplock with my license/credit card) and one Hot Shot. I was doing good until about 62-65 miles when my legs started to go. I had 3 pills left and my Hot Shot...took them all and the cramps disappeared. So was it the Hot Shot or the Fast Chews ... beats me. One thing for sure is the Fast Chews taste like candy and go down very easy. I'll be using them on the IM run.
Quote Reply