Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: It is one thing to be crazy just don't include me [iron_mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Love you iron_mike
Quote Reply
Re: It is one thing to be crazy just don't include me [Tibbsy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It would be if the groups advocating that all birth certificates have no sex or gender. If I have a child I want them growing up with a designation that corresponds to their anatomy. This splits off into all sorts of other things. Bathrooms, change rooms, sports teams etc. It is one thing for people to be confused another to push their agenda on everyone else.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Re: It is one thing to be crazy just don't include me [len] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ah, the old men dressed like ladies going into ladies' bathroom to rape little girls dodge. What prevents this now?
Quote Reply
Re: It is one thing to be crazy just don't include me [ZenosArrow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ZenosArrow wrote:
what is the purpose of the gender designation on a BC anyways? Just take it off.

Well, in the US, determination of whether one is required to register with the Selective Service, for one. It also gets registered with the Social Security Administration and is used to determine Medicare and Medicaid benefits (i.e., preventive health issues pertinent to men or women).

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Who said anything about rape? Not withstanding that with this business of being you are what you claim you are nothing is stopping a male claiming to be "transgendered" from going into women's bathroom, change room etc. Or spa as in Toronto http://www.torontosun.com/...on-transgender-women. I keep hearing people say this isn't happening well guess what we are only getting started. As people who object get beat down when it does happen it won't get reported.

Quote Reply
Re: It is one thing to be crazy just don't include me [iron_mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
if the OP never thought about this issue again, ever, his life would be completely unchanged.

Or, instead of pandering to an incredibly small minority, we could have a distinction between males and females. Is it really that hard to have a birth certificate, passport or driver's license that states if you are male or female, without offending someone?

Next will come people crying because you have to put your height (short phobia), your weight (fat shaming), your eye colour (blue eyed people have it so easy), hair colour (why does everyone favor blondes), address (stereotype based on where you live), age (another attack on the young and old), etc., etc.

The social justice warriors are going to be busy.

Last edited by: Sanuk: Jul 5, 17 15:21
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What? Are you saying there are roving bands of violent transgender people that the press refuses to cover?
Quote Reply
Re: It is one thing to be crazy just don't include me [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
lunchbox wrote:
I don't get it. I thought transgender was changing from one to the other (a 0 to a 1 or vice versa, in binary terms). So how is this person non-binary?

Makes no sense.

Just Google it and go down that rabbit hole. It doesn't make sense, and the further down the hole you go the weirder it gets. Do a search on 'how many genders are there'. That will give you a good start on reading material.

Why not just list sex rather than gender on the BC, that would seem to solve the problem.
Last edited by: ThisIsIt: Jul 5, 17 15:25
Quote Reply
Re: It is one thing to be crazy just don't include me [ThisIsIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why not just list sex rather than gender on the BC.

So you support the assignment of sex to people without the child being able to decide for themselves.

I'm outraged !!!!

Quote Reply
Re: It is one thing to be crazy just don't include me [ThisIsIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thats how we got to the whole gender term, people objected to people being labelled as being a certain sex.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Who says roving bands. It only takes one to take down a business that depends on women being comfortable in their setting. Another thing if we don't have gender on BC at all how do we have women's sports? By late grade school boys are faster and stronger than girls.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
len wrote:
Thats how we got to the whole gender term, people objected to people being labelled as being a certain sex.

Really, I thought the concept of gender long preceded any of this modern stuff. But what do I know.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
len wrote:

Outrage has become a hobby.

Sadly, a huge fraction of folks are knee jerk sympathetic towards those expressing the outrage of the month because there seems to be some kind of cultural contest re. "who can show greater compassion". So we've got a bunch of people exploring this new hobby that gets them lots of attention, and they're doing it in a see of enablers. However, in one of life's little ironies, these excesses of "compassion" often cause long term harm because it can so easily suck the moxie and tenacity out of those experiencing some temporary trial that they should have overcame themselves.

Back to the birth certificate. Maybe instead of "Gender" we can put check boxes for "Inny" and "Outy". But we could do it in pencil in case the parents are especially, ah, progressive.

Books @ Amazon
"If only he had used his genius for niceness, instead of Evil." M. Smart
Last edited by: RangerGress: Jul 6, 17 5:01
Quote Reply
Re: It is one thing to be crazy just don't include me [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dr. Tigerchik wrote:
They should have the birth certificate say "Sex" to avoid the issue.

They can muck that up just as easily. Just go with Penis and Vagina and let the parents tie themselves in knots however they choose.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply

Prev Next