For those who picked Sagan for the TdF Fantasy team
Quote | Reply

Anne Barnes
ABBikefit, Ltd
FIST/SICI/FIST DOWN DEEP
X/Y Coordinator
abbikefit@gmail.com
Quote Reply
Re: For those who picked Sagan for the TdF Fantasy team [ABarnes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
original punishment was enough.... disqual was a bit much. Ole well. Hope Cav is ok.
Quote Reply
Re: For those who picked Sagan for the TdF Fantasy team [spntrxi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He elbowed him in the head; so yes elbows fly in sprints, did he do it on purpose or was it just a 'normal' behavior?
but his actions have cost injury to three riders (cav, degenkolb, swift). Complaints from others against Sagan at the intermediate sprints.

As usual, Cav puts his head into Sagans' hip to let him know he is 'there', on the inside. Then throws elbow to Cavs head. Sagan says he didn't know he was there?

Cav may lose a finger.

Hard to have a guy costing other teams' chances and riders earning money for the rest of the three weeks.

Ah, but let's not forget a great sprint by Demare! vive le France!

Anne Barnes
ABBikefit, Ltd
FIST/SICI/FIST DOWN DEEP
X/Y Coordinator
abbikefit@gmail.com
Quote Reply
Re: For those who picked Sagan for the TdF Fantasy team [ABarnes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ABarnes wrote:
He elbowed him in the head; so yes elbows fly in sprints, did he do it on purpose or was it just a 'normal' behavior?
but his actions have cost injury to three riders (cav, degenkolb, swift). Complaints from others against Sagan at the intermediate sprints.

As usual, Cav puts his head into Sagans' hip to let him know he is 'there', on the inside. Then throws elbow to Cavs head. Sagan says he didn't know he was there?

Cav may lose a finger.

Hard to have a guy costing other teams' chances and riders earning money for the rest of the three weeks.

this is all such a joke.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ABarnes wrote:

Demarre was the one who caused it all. Great sprint my ass.
Quote Reply
Re: For those who picked Sagan for the TdF Fantasy team [NordicSkier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Demar did chop Bouhanni, as the Kristoff fading (and Greipel overgeared), but Cav and Sagan were a bike length behind him. Cav caused his own fall.

see what Bobke says at 2:10:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmozSZjbRYk

Anne Barnes
ABBikefit, Ltd
FIST/SICI/FIST DOWN DEEP
X/Y Coordinator
abbikefit@gmail.com
Quote Reply
Re: For those who picked Sagan for the TdF Fantasy team [NordicSkier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NordicSkier wrote:
ABarnes wrote:

Demarre was the one who caused it all. Great sprint my ass.

agreed, that was a terrible sprint. the guy didn't hold his line. he swept across the road, twice. but of course, he's french, so they celebrate.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The disqualification was uncalled for in my opinion. Totally unnecessary. Why on earth would Sagan intentionally do that? What's the motive? The video makes it look bad but, IMO, that was not intentional.
Quote Reply
Re: For those who picked Sagan for the TdF Fantasy team [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
From the video it looks like Cav is in Sagan's armpit before his elbow moves outward. Cav was already going down before Sagan's elbow was extended. Being that close to the barrier, I wouldn't have thought a guy would come up on the right if I were at the end of a sprint. Was an elbow extended? Yes, did it cause the fall? No IMO.
Quote Reply
Re: For those who picked Sagan for the TdF Fantasy team [spntrxi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Probably 90% of the Velogames fantasy teams had Sagan as one of their riders (including me).

Oh well. Since we're all screwed, there's still a chance!

"Human existence is based upon two pillars: Compassion and knowledge. Compassion without knowledge is ineffective; Knowledge without compassion is inhuman." Victor Weisskopf.
Quote Reply
Re: For those who picked Sagan for the TdF Fantasy team [TrierinKC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TrierinKC wrote:
From the video it looks like Cav is in Sagan's armpit before his elbow moves outward. Cav was already going down before Sagan's elbow was extended. Being that close to the barrier, I wouldn't have thought a guy would come up on the right if I were at the end of a sprint. Was an elbow extended? Yes, did it cause the fall? No IMO.

Check out this video:

https://mobile.twitter.com/...130686377985/video/1

It's looks to me like the "elbowing" was caused by Cavendish's brake hood hooking Sagan's arm.
Quote Reply
Re: For those who picked Sagan for the TdF Fantasy team [Alvin Tostig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Alvin Tostig wrote:
Probably 90% of the Velogames fantasy teams had Sagan as one of their riders (including me).

NO NO....don't accept being screwed. Go to the ASO before tomorrow morning and get him re instated!!!!
Quote Reply
Re: For those who picked Sagan for the TdF Fantasy team [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
Alvin Tostig wrote:

NO NO....don't accept being screwed. Go to the ASO before tomorrow morning and get him re instated!!!!
A strongly worded letter should do the trick.

"Human existence is based upon two pillars: Compassion and knowledge. Compassion without knowledge is ineffective; Knowledge without compassion is inhuman." Victor Weisskopf.
Quote Reply
Re: For those who picked Sagan for the TdF Fantasy team [Alvin Tostig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Alvin Tostig wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:
Alvin Tostig wrote:

A strongly worded letter should do the trick.

Maybe a strongly worded letter from Eurosport or one of the major networks makes them think twice. Sadly there is no major network from Slovakia that ASO cares about.
Quote Reply
Re: For those who picked Sagan for the TdF Fantasy team [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
Alvin Tostig wrote:

LoL, I wondered initially whether Bora would appeal the DQ but apparently there is no appealprocess in the TdF, so they lodged a protest instead.
Alvin is prolly right, almost everyone had sagan on their team, and he has already scored 275pts.

res, non verba
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ABarnes wrote:

You'd have to crazy not to pick Sagan for a fantasy team. I don't have the numbers from previous years in front of me, but his consistently high stage finish places make him a monster points generator. DQ aside (which no one could have predicted), any fantasy team starting the Tour without Sagan was at a clear disadvantage then. Basically on level playing now.