Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

My Fitness Pal
Quote | Reply
People who have used this.....

Do you find your inputs accurate for weight loss? I error on the high side for food and low for exercise, and it tells me I am in a deficit. (sometimes on long ride or double workout days by 1500cal) I should drop weight. I do, but not quickly. I tend to be a little high on the sugar (due to fruit). Do you find you need to switch up your food to make this work better?
Quote Reply
Re: My Fitness Pal [kanman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Make sure your protein/fat intake is appropriate and measure your food. I'd use to not take enough protein/fat but ended up with too much carbs but overall under calories which didn't result in much weight loss. Once I adjusted my protein and fat plus measured my foods I was about to lose weight
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I do not put in exercise. I just try and hit my calorie goal each day. When I hit it for a few days in a row. Weight goes down. When I'm forced to eat out it goes up.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Also carefully compare the food entries to your food labels. A LOT of the food entries are wrong on the numbers, sometimes wildly so. I'm using it in conjunction with a program from a nutritionist. Seems like the daily calorie count and macro breakdown from the app is, at least so far, similar to what my nutritionist gave me to meet my goals. The app, however, does not effectively take into account extra nutrition needs for long training sessions.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've logged 500+ days straight and I can tell you that it works for me. When I'm trying to maintain weight I hit the goal output, when I'm cutting I come in at 350-500 Calories less and I loose weight. It's helped me immensely to maintain and achieve my optimal race weight. I don't weigh food however when preparing to do pay attention to the labels. Here are an few examples

- 1 Cup dry brown rice cooked is distributed into 3 containers evenly. Then when I input into MFP it's 1/3 cup each
- When I buy a package of chicken breast that totals 420g I average the weight and eat each knowing that when all 3 are eaten I will have averaged that amount of chicken for the 3 meals.
- When I buy bananas I buy the size I use in MFP 7-8" Medium sized and avoid buying larger ones

I also have spent a fair number of years cooking as my other hobby. Being able to roughly distinguish quantity of things is something that comes over time. I also know I don't capture all of my activity as I walk my dog, to and from work etc. These are the calories I relay on to offset any inaccuracies within my input. I will say however, always caution on the side of being conservative this way you will likely always come in under the daily calorie suggestion.

------
"Train so you have no regrets @ the finish line"
Quote Reply