Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Desoto Riviera Sizing
Quote | Reply
Hoping someone can help suggest a size for me. I am 6'1 and 155 lbs. MY measurements put me in a medium but I am wondering if I would be too tall for it. I have had this problem with other one piece suits where they fit properly around my body but are too small height wise. Worried that a large might be too loose though. Any help or suggestions is greatly appreciated.
Quote Reply
Re: Desoto Riviera Sizing [LSchmitt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't have a sleeved version but for the regular tri suit I'm 6'1 165ish and wear a small. There is no way I would recommend getting a large.

Maybe a medium depending on if you're more torso than legs. I've worn a small in the riviera and itu trisuit for years. My guess is when you get a medium it'll stretch out after a few races and you won't be happy with how loose it is.
Quote Reply
Re: Desoto Riviera Sizing [Grant.Reuter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Interesting. I am guessing the sleeved and sleeveless suits would fit about the same. I have a tyr one piece that I got a medium in for worlds last year and it is so short I can't even wear it anymore due to comfort and I didn't want to have the same issue with this one. Sounds like I now need to decide between a small and medium instead.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My only concern with the sleeved in a small that it may be more restrictive for swimming. The non-sleeved is tight but I don't Notice on my shoulders since it's only an inch wide. The full sleeve it may be.

For bibshorts I've always been in medium but for whatever reason the tops/trisuit I generally run a small in. I think it's more from a standpoint that trying to be anorexic is smaller than the majority of triathletes at that size.
Quote Reply
Re: Desoto Riviera Sizing [Grant.Reuter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Grant.Reuter wrote:
I don't have a sleeved version but for the regular tri suit I'm 6'1 165ish and wear a small. There is no way I would recommend getting a large.

Maybe a medium depending on if you're more torso than legs. I've worn a small in the riviera and itu trisuit for years. My guess is when you get a medium it'll stretch out after a few races and you won't be happy with how loose it is.

I'm 6'2 but yeah, I wear a small top / medium shorts (or medium trisuit). Their tops are all very long so that won't be a problem, even in the small. For a trisuit, I'd start with the medium. I have long legs and I'm pretty sure the small suit would not work on me. They have an easy return policy so you can exchange if needed.
Last edited by: spudone: Jul 3, 17 9:39
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No way you need a large. I'm 6'3/190ish and wear a large. I have the same issue with de Soto clothes...I could probably use the length of an XL (and have worn those before) but prefer tightness of large and my lower body fits better in large. Anyway, you are a medium or try a different brand.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would have guessed large for your height, if we are talking 1 piece.

That said, Desoto has amazing customer service and return policy. Buy all three sizes, try on, return what you don't want.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
LSchmitt wrote:
Hoping someone can help suggest a size for me. I am 6'1 and 155 lbs. MY measurements put me in a medium but I am wondering if I would be too tall for it. I have had this problem with other one piece suits where they fit properly around my body but are too small height wise. Worried that a large might be too loose though. Any help or suggestions is greatly appreciated.

Contact Emilio directly. He will ask you for some measurements and pictures of you racing. He will then recommend a size. I'm 6' 175 lbs. and was between a medium and a large for the sleeved version. I usually go smaller for the tight fit but Emilio recommended the large. Lucky that he did because even the large is a bit snug.
Quote Reply
Re: Desoto Riviera Sizing [badgertri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's why I prefaced mine with being sleeveless. I could completely see going to a medium if I got a sleeved one.

A lot of it will also depend on where your weight is. I have bigger legs from hockey, definitely not running leg skinniness. I think that is one of the reasons the small works for me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
LS,

I just got a Riviera suit about 2 weeks ago. I am 5'9" and right at 165lbs and ordered a M. It seems to fit a bit tight
but with several runs in it ................it is sweet and feels great. Once I get going it seems to not fit so tight.

I also Have 2 centuries in it.......perfect.

You may want to go to a L since you are taller.

GREAT suit and now debating should I wear it at WISCONSIN & FLORIDA this year on the run.
Quote Reply