Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Do you have tape over over your web cam?
Quote | Reply
So I'm watching the snowden movie. No comments on the movie yet, but there is a scene where he has tape over his webcam so people can't watch him on it.

I actually do this to, but how about the rest of you?

Of course they can still listen to us via the computer, cell phone, and some tv models.

So anyone else tape over the webcam on their computer?
Quote Reply
Re: Do you have tape over over your web cam? [patf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I unplug my webcam when I am not using it.

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Re: Do you have tape over over your web cam? [jkca1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jkca1 wrote:
I unplug my webcam when I am not using it.

you have an old one, or perhaps it is better than the built in ones. I tape over the built in one.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yep. On all my computers. But, not b/c I think the NSA is watching.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: Do you have tape over over your web cam? [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
Who do you think might be watching?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
patf wrote:
JSA wrote:

My clients like to use WebEx for meetings and send me WebEx links. When you click on it, sometimes it opens the camera automatically. Sometimes I call in from home at the crack of dawn after rolling out of bed and am not really client ready ...

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
patf wrote:
JSA wrote:

My clients like to use WebEx for meetings and send me WebEx links. When you click on it, sometimes it opens the camera automatically. Sometimes I call in from home at the crack of dawn after rolling out of bed and am not really client ready ...

LOL, me too, actually work from home 95% of the time so definitely do not want web cams coming up, but our work computers do not have webcams. Cams are not allowed at most work sites either.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have tape over mine. A few years ago our company president laughed at us (the 4 regional directors). Then he read an article by Zuckerberg and had tape over his at the next meeting ...

I also work from home and am definitely not "client ready" first thing in the morning!

drn92
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use GotoMeeting a lot for software demonstrations with potential customers. Since I'm usually at home when I do that, it isn't uncommon for me to be in shorts and no shirt unless it is cold out. I was conducting a demo one day when I suddenly became afraid that I had turned on the cam-video portion of GTM. I seldom use cam-video with it, so I didn't know if it was turned on automatically or had to be turned on. I couldn't click on it for fear that I would turn it on if I did.

After my demo I checked and realized that it wasn't on, but it was horrifying thinking that I was doing a demo and my potential customers were looking at me with bed-head and no shirt.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
patf wrote:
JSA wrote:

Panera no webcam policy
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No but I use a rocky g station with my laptop so the computer is only open if I want to use my web cam. When I work form home I still use a separate monitor, mouse and keyboard. I hate working on just a laptop.
Ben
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I do. I work from home and normally wear a tshirt. I don't want any meetings accidentally opening up if I'm not dressed professionally.

-----------------------------Baron Von Speedypants
-----------------------------RunTraining articles here:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...runtraining;#1612485
Quote Reply
Re: Do you have tape over over your web cam? [BarryP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don't work from from home but my one WebEx a week is in a boardroom and I'd rather walk around the room than sit. So if I turn it on people will think I'm a weirdo. Well, more of a weirdo than I actually am.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
patf wrote:
So I'm watching the snowden movie. No comments on the movie yet, but there is a scene where he has tape over his webcam so people can't watch him on it.

I actually do this to, but how about the rest of you?

Of course they can still listen to us via the computer, cell phone, and some tv models.

So anyone else tape over the webcam on their computer?

Yes. And also over my nipples. But that's for a completely different reason. ;-)

Side note: I don't do webcam-supported meetings of any sort, for any reason, and never will. So I also uninstall the drivers for both the cam and the microphone, whenever possible. If I ever do need to use those pieces of hardware, I'll reinstall their drivers.

Hey! Did you notice that black helicopter flying nearby? ;-)

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
patf wrote:
JSA wrote:

yes, tape over all mine. Because of what JSA described (Skype for business also) and, well, just in case the stories of NSA or hackerman weirdos are out there and you believe the stories...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I hope BleP isn't reading this. His uncovered webcam is the best thing on the internet.

(May be NSFW)

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Re: Do you have tape over over your web cam? [jkca1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What about your microwave?

I talk to myself because mine are the only answers I'll accept - George Carlin
Quote Reply