Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Stages power meter troubleshooting
Quote | Reply
I have installed the power meter. I have calibrated the meter correctly and am getting accurate calibration values. I have also replaced the battery.

My problem is that the power values/wattage I am getting on both my 910xt and the stages app are incorrect. For example, at approximately 200 watts, the power meter is only reading about 60 watts.
Quote Reply
Re: Stages power meter troubleshooting [Dill-Ag13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Never seen that problem. Have you called Stages?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dill-Ag13 wrote:
I have installed the power meter. I have calibrated the meter correctly and am getting accurate calibration values. I have also replaced the battery.

My problem is that the power values/wattage I am getting on both my 910xt and the stages app are incorrect. For example, at approximately 200 watts, the power meter is only reading about 60 watts.

I think Stages + 910xt are not a good combination with regards to ANT+ signals. Do some search on the board and see how others solved it.

If you bought it used then the previous owner may have pawned off a damaged unit. Some V1 units were susceptible to water ingress issues causing any number of problems.
Quote Reply
Re: Stages power meter troubleshooting [Pantelones] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Definitely strange. Reset, resynced, and recalibrated a few times and set the 910 data recording to every second instead of smart and the issue is gone.

Weird! Thanks for the replies.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you know any friends that has a head unit that can read power through bluetooth? Such as a wahoo? If so, I would run those two head units side by side and see if it's a reception issue where the 510 is picking up a weak ANT+ signal, but the Wahoo is picking up the stronger BT signal.

If both units read similar power output, but the numbers are still really low, then you can at least rule out the signal issue, which is the most common I've seen with stages and Garmins.
Quote Reply
Re: Stages power meter troubleshooting [Jason N] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did a simultaneous read on stages app (Bluetooth) and 910, exact same numbers.

Issue is resolved anyhow. Thanks for the reply.
Quote Reply