Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Help Locating Journal / Resource / Swim Fitness Test / Team Activity
Quote | Reply

I'm hoping this post either jogs someone's memory re a published journal they may of read, or alternatively they've heard of the 'test' I'm referring to (which was cited in the journal).

I'm looking for a beep test like swim test for teams of 4? It was mentioned in a journal discussing experiences of Olympic level swimmers / or coaches / I can't remember which, but I seem to remember it was used by a US coach back in the 80's? Athletes in teams of 4 and they had to keep up with a 'beep', could tag at any point and change swimmer, but the stronger swimmers could effectively swim as much as they liked (?).

Has anyone a recollection of the published journal I'm referring to, or alternatively have they come across a fun / team / fitness test such as this in the pool?

http://www.sweat7.com
Facebook Page: Sweat7
Twitter: @sweat7coaching
Quote Reply
Re: Help Locating Journal / Resource / Swim Fitness Test / Team Activity [salmonsteve] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have you thought of contacting Paul Newsome?

I can get his email if you want it as I've got 3 athletes that currently swim or have swam with him and have spent some time on deck with him.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: Help Locating Journal / Resource / Swim Fitness Test / Team Activity [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Hey Brian,

Yeah I prob could, I have his email as Sam has been pestering him for a while to let her on his Swim Smooth course.

It was more the history with the test mentioned, I had hoped someone would know the original test / activity I was talking of as it sounded like an amazing team building process, whilst also testing them. But yeah I'll reach out to Paul and see if he knows it / similar.

Cheers mate.

http://www.sweat7.com
Facebook Page: Sweat7
Twitter: @sweat7coaching
Quote Reply
Re: Help Locating Journal / Resource / Swim Fitness Test / Team Activity [salmonsteve] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Keeping up with a beep? As in a metronome type thing?
Sounds a bit like what we called Australian relays. Those were two teams going until one team lapped the other. They could get real brutal.
Quote Reply