Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

USAT Insurance Policy
Quote | Reply
 Who is the insurer? I read the below:

"The increased costs reflect a predicted 30-percent rise in USA Triathlon's insurance premiums for 2003. USA Triathlon provides its members with health insurance coverage over and above their own, should they be injured during a USA Triathlon-sanctioned race. Annual members are insured for the year. One-day members are insured for the day."

Where is the form filed?

How is this a valid group for purposes of forming group insurance?

Is this really "health insurance" or indemnity or liability insurance for the race directors, or is that a separate policy? Why do they say it is "health insurance?"

Where's a copy of the poiicy for the enrollees? Why is this not sent to enrollees into the group, or each member?

How does a liability claim work with your own health insurance COB rules? Or does it even at all.

Which state insurance departement is this rate increase filed in?

What is the policy form number, so I can go look it up?

Who gets the commission?

Wonder who the broker or agent is?
Quote Reply
Re: USAT Insurance Policy [boothrand] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Booth,

How about calling USA Triathlon at 719-597-9090 and simply asking them. I will tell you that USAT's insurance broker is ESIX based in Atlanta, GA. I know many of the answers you are requesting but it would be more time efficient for you to call USAT and get that info.

Jack Weiss, USAT Member Board of Directors
Quote Reply
Re: USAT Insurance Policy [ironjack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why is your organization calling that "health insurance" for its members in your website language?

I'll bet you my right leg, that's not "health insurance." As a regulator, I can tell you that, when we say "health insurance" that it is a far different thing than "liability coverage."

But, I have not seen a glimpse of the policy. Or group policy. Or whatever it is. That needs to be provided to every member or participant if they are paying a premium, IMO.

I'll be glad to call. In fact, I'll call tommorrow when I get to work.

Who is your regulatory compliance counsel? I'd like to see the group policy?

I know that when I sign up for marathons and half-marathons and what not, I'm not chipping into a group liability policy, in the events I have signed up for.
Quote Reply
Re: USAT Insurance Policy [boothrand] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have no idea Booth, that's why you should call. We do have 20 or so employees and they do have Health insurance with USAT. But to be honest I have not had the time to look at the site regarding your requests, a bit busy on an election issue. Other Olympic Sports such as USA Cycling, and USA Swimming have the same athlete and event coverage we employ. ESIX is the prime broker/carrier for over 20 Olympic sports. Your e-mail sounds a bit angry, we have nothing to hide. ESIX is one of the finest and most reliable companies in the business and USAT IS AAA sport because of its safety and we use insurance companies with no less then an A rating as required by the USOC. Unlike the various marathons you compete in USAT requires a strict adherence to safety and jealously guards it's safety record. Marathons and regular runs are generally not sanctioned events, the courses are certified but that's a whole "nother story. I will tell you that a portion of the annual membership fee, around $5.00 (but don't quote me) and a slightly higher amount from one days does go towards liability. For USA Cycling I believe the figure is much much higher. Please feel free to contact USAT, I know they will be only too happy to assist you.

Thanks,

Jack Weiss, Member Board of Directors
Quote Reply