Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

trainer intervals - spicificity (aero) or higher power (base bar)
Quote | Reply
Its the offseason. I have always done intervals on the trainer in the aero position. Unless im hitting absolutely hitting the wall and ill sit up to finish the interval. But i gots to thinking on some opinions people seem to share- whilst its the offseason is there any benefit to do harder interval sets on the base bar to eek out (what can often be) 'substantially' more power? Or just keep the specificity of aero but lower power?
Quote Reply
Re: trainer intervals - spicificity (aero) or higher power (base bar) [coates_hbk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you race in the aero position, train in the aero position. Do your intervals there. During rest periods you can come up and relax.
Quote Reply
Re: trainer intervals - spicificity (aero) or higher power (base bar) [coates_hbk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Both? There are advantages to training at higher power outputs but eventually you've got to train the way you race.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ultimately you can never have enough FTP. Ever. Finding the way to gain as many watts as possible isn't a bad thing

How many km's will you ride in the season on your TT bike? That's your specific training.

Now that's not to say never do intervals in the TT bike, but if I'm having an athlete go for absolute gains in watts vs gains in duration you can hold some % of FTP I want them producing as many watts as possible in intervals

food for thought

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Aero- that is the only way that you learn to put out good power in that position.
Also relaxation and ability to hold the position.

If you always default to the baseballs when it gets hard- you will likely do so in races (and go slower).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hold what you can, if you can hold 2 x 20 at threshold or 6 x 3 at VO2 tucked, great , if not ride up, just hold your power that's the goal. The easier the workouts on the trainer the longer you should hold your tuck.
Quote Reply
Re: trainer intervals - spicificity (aero) or higher power (base bar) [mike s] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anything under 110% aero, over usually base bar.

Let food be thy medicine...
Quote Reply
Re: trainer intervals - spicificity (aero) or higher power (base bar) [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's pretty much what i do while on the trainer.
Quote Reply
Re: trainer intervals - spicificity (aero) or higher power (base bar) [JackStraw13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Seems there is a split here!
I like that -110% and under in aero
Quote Reply