Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

2014 Cervelo P2 vs 2011 Specialized S-Works Transition TT bike and component comparison advice please
Quote | Reply
Hi,

I know this is going to lead onto an answer of "whichever bikes fits you the best" but I would appreciate some input on the bikes themselves and some component comparisons.

I am looking to finally make the step to a dedicated triathlon bike after 2 years of clip on bars to my Specialized Diverge and have a budget of around $2500. These 2 bikes below seem to fit the bill and I intend to go and ride them both next week. However, with them being significantly different in age and components I would appreciate peoples thoughts on the value for money of both bikes. I intend to have a pro fitting done to get the set up correct but want to obviously try them to make sure they are close enough geometry wise for my body to get a good set up on them.

https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/2186233/

https://m.pinkbike.com/buysell/2197802/

Thanks in advance

Lee
Last edited by: Gracey1982: Jun 30, 17 18:26
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Cervelo P2 vs 2011 Specialized S-Works Transition TT bike and component comparison advice please [Gracey1982] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The links are both bringing up the Cervelo for me.

I had a 2009 Transition. Fast bike. Almost as fast as a Shiv inside 5 degrees of yaw iirc and which I currently own. Both were faster than the P3, if one can believe Specialized's testing. But very close, none-the-less.

If there's no fit difference, then choose based on looks - or if you do hillier courses, chaos the lighter one.
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Cervelo P2 vs 2011 Specialized S-Works Transition TT bike and component comparison advice please [FatandSlow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the advice. I fixed the link now to show the TT. I've had a lot of specialized bike's over the years and all have served me well but the Cervelo looks like a great deal with Di2
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Cervelo P2 vs 2011 Specialized S-Works Transition TT bike and component comparison advice please [Gracey1982] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ive got a 2010 transition that I use as a dedicated trainer bike . I think its a great bike. I think the p-2 is the better deal though. Offer 2000 cash for the p-2 . Theyll probably accept or meet you in the middle 2250.
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Cervelo P2 vs 2011 Specialized S-Works Transition TT bike and component comparison advice please [Dirt fighter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you get the P2 for 2000 and add a PM and a set of Flow or Hed Jet wheels you have a near superbike.
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Cervelo P2 vs 2011 Specialized S-Works Transition TT bike and component comparison advice please [endosch2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I appreciate the feedback. Hopefully this works out and I'll report back with a new purchase
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
2500$ for the Transition is ridiculous. Not that it is a bad bike, it just isn't worth more than 1500$ max.
Quote Reply