Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Are you using Zipp 110 extensions with the overmount brackets? Pictures?
Quote | Reply
Subject line says it all. I'd love to see some people on their bikes who are using the new Vuka overmount clip and the 110 extensions.

On a side note, I'm also looking for comparisons between the Vuka armrests and Profile Design armrests. I'm currently using PD J4 brackets and I think the F35 armrests. Never been too crazy about those armrests and the Vuka seem to be more cup like, which is what I'm interested in trying.
Quote Reply
Re: Are you using Zipp 110 extensions with the overmount brackets? Pictures? [teichs42] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was running the PD J4 and F35 last year and switched to J5 and F40TT - and this has made all the difference in comfort. I run Zipp Evo 70 extensions also (110 would just be too high for what i want). Its a fantastic cockpit for the money - one that i would take over a much more expensive bar given that I can dial my position exactly how I want it with basically no limitations. Dan has photos in his review of this set up.
Quote Reply
Re: Are you using Zipp 110 extensions with the overmount brackets? Pictures? [teichs42] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I couldn't get it to work for me. It's just a massive elevation change and then the more subtle slope of the EVO extensions just wasn't workable.

But Josh Amberger is doing it:

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Re: Are you using Zipp 110 extensions with the overmount brackets? Pictures? [TPerkin2000] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TPerkin2000 wrote:
I was running the PD J4 and F35 last year and switched to J5 and F40TT - and this has made all the difference in comfort. I run Zipp Evo 70 extensions also (110 would just be too high for what i want). Its a fantastic cockpit for the money - one that i would take over a much more expensive bar given that I can dial my position exactly how I want it with basically no limitations. Dan has photos in his review of this set up.

How has it made a difference? More cushioned pad? Or is it the shape of the arm rest that you're liking so much. A picture of PD armrests and Zipp extensions? Which review? I don't remember seeing that.
Quote Reply
Re: Are you using Zipp 110 extensions with the overmount brackets? Pictures? [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rappstar wrote:
I couldn't get it to work for me. It's just a massive elevation change and then the more subtle slope of the EVO extensions just wasn't workable.

But Josh Amberger is doing it:

Yeah, I don't know that it would work for me either, I'm just interested in seeing it in play
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You have to be willing - in my opinion - to rest your hands on top of the extensions like Josh does. If you want to grip the extensions, you end up breaking your wrist at a downward angle. I.e, the big elevation change makes your forearms pitch way up, but then to grab onto the more gentle slope at the shifter, you have to break your wrist down to grab it.

I was able to find some comfort doing this, but only when the point of my elbows was in the pad, as opposed to rest my forearms in it.

Ultimately, I went back to skibends. I've just been riding them for so long, at this point, I think comfort and familiarity are inescapably intertwined...

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The shape of the pad along with the ability to angle the pad towards the extension tips, which allows me to open up my elbows. The J5 allowed me to widen the elbows slightly (22cm center to center), which took pressure of my shoulders that slightly narrower pads caused. I'll have to see if i can dig up some photos. The Zipp Evo 70s allow for a good amount of rise. Any more and you would need to do what Rapp describes and put your elbows on the pads or otherwise your forearm will not sit on the back edge of the pad due to the elevation
Last edited by: TPerkin2000: Jul 3, 17 5:45
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have them in the SC mono plug extension. I like them. Sometimes place my hands on top of each other like Amberger

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't have them mounted that way now, so no picture, but I've tried it in the past and found it uncomfortable. It's not the height at the extension that's the issue, it's the wrist angle that results from the extensions rising quickly further back and then flatting out closer to where your hands are. As Jordan said it doesn't really work unless you rest your hands on top of the extensions (not necessarily on top of each other, though).

This raises the question, does anybody know of an extension meant to provide more than 70mm of rise with a more natural wrist angle? Ideally I think I'd like something more like 90-100mm, basically a ski-bend extension with a bit more rise.
Quote Reply
Re: Are you using Zipp 110 extensions with the overmount brackets? Pictures? [jsk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I do mount them over the bars. I find them to be comfortable, contrary to previous posters
Last edited by: mrt77: Jul 1, 17 6:29
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We both ride with zipp 110's. Me mounted above and by wife's mounted under. Worked wonders for our position on the bikes.

"Suddenly the thought struck me. My floor is someone elses ceiling"-Nils Ferlin
Last edited by: audiojan: Jul 2, 17 5:07
Quote Reply