Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Ironman Finisher Jacket and patches
Quote | Reply
So my wife finished her first 70.3 (Tremblant), and her bday is coming up. She's the type that really likes that kind of gimmick, so I was thinking of getting her the jacket that you can customize with the patches. However, my question is that since it doesn't seem like you can buy the patches on the online store, how does one add on patches once you get the jacket? Are they sold at races (never really looked for that, I must say...)? Do you have to bring the jacket?
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Finisher Jacket and patches [lordhong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know a local tri group in our area brings it to an embroider who can stitch up the same logo as is on the finisher jackets. Quite a few have done that.

Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Finisher Jacket and patches [lordhong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lordhong wrote:
So my wife finished her first 70.3 (Tremblant), and her bday is coming up. She's the type that really likes that kind of gimmick, so I was thinking of getting her the jacket that you can customize with the patches. However, my question is that since it doesn't seem like you can buy the patches on the online store, how does one add on patches once you get the jacket? Are they sold at races (never really looked for that, I must say...)? Do you have to bring the jacket?

I think you are hosed unless you can find someone who makes patches as noted above. Until the Ironman store starts selling the patches apart from the jacket, and truly has a patch for every race they ever held, then the gimmick is best left for those who have done a few and are ready to retire from the sport.
Quote Reply