Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

House Panel Votes to Split Air Force, Create New "Space Corps"
Quote | Reply
Now THIS is the 21st century I was hoping for: :-)

"As part of its version of the 2018 Defense authorization bill, the House Armed Services Committee voted late Wednesday night to create a sixth branch of the U.S. armed forces: the U.S. Space Corps, which would absorb the Air Force’s current space missions.

You could be forgiven if you haven’t been closely following the debate about creating the nation’s first new military service since 1947. Several members of the panel said they themselves were blindsided by the proposal, and staged an unsuccessful effort to block the change until it could be studied further — or at least until the full committee had held at least one hearing on the subject."

House panel votes to split Air Force, create new U.S. Space Corps - FederalNewsRadio.com

I don't see this happening anytime soon, unfortunately. For one, I don't see the Air Force agreeing to cleaving off a goodly portion of itself and losing control over the space mission aspect of its operations. That would be giving up some power, and the services all fight to grow their power, not give up some of it.

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Post deleted by spudone [ In reply to ]
Re: House Panel Votes to Split Air Force, Create New "Space Corps" [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This new Space Corps, however, is also going to needs its own independent expeditionary ground force and air support capability:

Space Marines (Fuck yeah!)
Galactic Aviation Wing
Quote Reply
Re: House Panel Votes to Split Air Force, Create New "Space Corps" [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It'll be Ender's F'n Game in real life!

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Re: House Panel Votes to Split Air Force, Create New "Space Corps" [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
This new Space Corps, however, is also going to needs its own independent expeditionary ground force and air support capability:

Galactic Aviation Wing

Johnny Rico is up for the job. Until you find someone better or he dies

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Last edited by: Leddy: Jun 30, 17 7:24
Quote Reply
Re: House Panel Votes to Split Air Force, Create New "Space Corps" [Leddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Leddy wrote:
trail wrote:

Galactic Aviation Wing

Johnny Rico is up for the job. Until you find someone better or he dies

I knew I could count on you guys to start on the "Starship Troopers" thing. :-)

Quote Reply
Re: House Panel Votes to Split Air Force, Create New "Space Corps" [spudone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
spudone wrote:
Awesome now we can have space cadets.

Too, too FUNNY! :-) :-)

Quote Reply
Post deleted by spudone [ In reply to ]
Re: House Panel Votes to Split Air Force, Create New "Space Corps" [spudone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
spudone wrote:

MIXED METAPHOR ALERT!!!! ;-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:

Galactic Aviation Wing

You beat me too it. Where do I sign up (and you think they would take mid 40's former Marine Grunt)?

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Re: House Panel Votes to Split Air Force, Create New "Space Corps" [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jmh wrote:
trail wrote:

Galactic Aviation Wing

You beat me too it. Where do I sign up (and you think they would take mid 40's former Marine Grunt)?

I'll be your personal Hospital Corpsman, Marine. Heck, anything to get up into space. ;-)

Quote Reply
Re: House Panel Votes to Split Air Force, Create New "Space Corps" [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
big kahuna wrote:
Now THIS is the 21st century I was hoping for: :-)

"As part of its version of the 2018 Defense authorization bill, the House Armed Services Committee voted late Wednesday night to create a sixth branch of the U.S. armed forces: the U.S. Space Corps, which would absorb the Air Force’s current space missions.

You could be forgiven if you haven’t been closely following the debate about creating the nation’s first new military service since 1947. Several members of the panel said they themselves were blindsided by the proposal, and staged an unsuccessful effort to block the change until it could be studied further — or at least until the full committee had held at least one hearing on the subject."

House panel votes to split Air Force, create new U.S. Space Corps - FederalNewsRadio.com

I don't see this happening anytime soon, unfortunately. For one, I don't see the Air Force agreeing to cleaving off a goodly portion of itself and losing control over the space mission aspect of its operations. That would be giving up some power, and the services all fight to grow their power, not give up some of it.

I dunno, not really a fan of this idea. Creating yet another branch of the armed forces, especially for space, would entail a very top heavy organization. I'd like to see how much more this would cost vs what it costs now. It seems to me that our tooth to tail ratio is already to small, with lots of redundant and unnecessary HQs; this would just make things worse with yet another service now fighting for their rice bowl.

Quote | Reply
So another massive government department...

You can't have too many of those.
Quote Reply
Re: House Panel Votes to Split Air Force, Create New "Space Corps" [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:
So another massive government department...

You can't have too many of those.

Who needs military in space when we already have child slaves to do our bidding?

http://www.thedailybeast.com/...slave-colony-on-mars

_____
TEAM HD
Each day is what you make of it so make it the best day possible.
Quote Reply