Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Muncie 70.3 - let's play "Rolldown or Nah?" [milesthedog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
While I might jog the run, I can't imagine a 4:35!

Are you closer to Muncie or Raleigh, or does location not really matter for you?

Aaron Bales
Lansing Triathlon Team
Quote Reply
Re: Muncie 70.3 - let's play "Rolldown or Nah?" [MI_Mumps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
for myself, location doesn't matter as much. Raleigh won't work going forward due to my school being on the quarter system, which means class through the third week of June. Muncie is two weeks into the summer break, and then WC's are eight weeks later, so that's what I'm thinking could work for myself... or scrapping WC's in the coming years and doing Atlantic City 70.3 since it's an hour from Philadelphia and would eliminate balancing school and prepping for Muncie simultaneously... but this is way off and pure procrastination at this point!

wovebike.com | Wove on instagram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wonder how much making the 70.3 WC a roving event has affected it's draw on athletes. Las Vegas love it or loathe it, was an iconic location; at least people could brag about 'Vegas Baby' on their social media if they Q'd.

29 years and counting
Quote Reply
Re: Muncie 70.3 - let's play "Rolldown or Nah?" [Jorgan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jorgan wrote:
I wonder how much making the 70.3 WC a roving event has affected it's draw on athletes. Las Vegas love it or loathe it, was an iconic location; at least people could brag about 'Vegas Baby' on their social media if they Q'd.

true. returning to one iconic location could be wise, though the idea of using the race as a reason/way to travel to new places is also appealing

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Again agree with you. But if I had the money to travel to several 70.3s in far-flung locations, the WC aspect wouldn't be a factor my choices.

29 years and counting
Quote Reply
Re: Muncie 70.3 - let's play "Rolldown or Nah?" [Jorgan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the WC aspect, for me, makes the affording it part a bit easier to swallow. otherwise, traveling for a race seems kind of waste - would rather go train somewhere new than stay off my feet, race, recover, fly home.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anyone know how the roll down went? I'm hoping to feel good about not going..........
Quote Reply
Re: Muncie 70.3 - let's play "Rolldown or Nah?" [TJ56] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Answer was "nah"

5 slots, only rolled to 10th in M35-39. Not sure any AGs went much further.

On a personal note, I had a much better time in my second 70.3. Raced under control the whole time and did not have to walk on the run. Still on the wrong side of 5 hours, but getting closer.

Oh, and DanStu is still a beast.

Aaron Bales
Lansing Triathlon Team
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I looked for you but didn't see your skinsuit. Did you decide to wear that Where's Waldo tank top I saw on the course?
Quote Reply
Re: Muncie 70.3 - let's play "Rolldown or Nah?" [turningscrews] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I saw him!! Too funny.

You may have been too fast to see me. I did a 5:04, so you might have been showered and gone home.

Aaron Bales
Lansing Triathlon Team
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I didn't go that fast, certainly crossed on the run. I had an Iowa Hawkeye hat on.

I love that race.
Last edited by: turningscrews: Jul 9, 17 6:57
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Was surprised at how few roll downs there were across the board. Only 3 spots were re-allocated.

I enjoyed the race overall even though I missed a spot by a few places in M30-34. But for this Florida flatlander that run was a shock to the legs. The parking was the best entertainment I have seen on race morning.
Quote Reply
Re: Muncie 70.3 - let's play "Rolldown or Nah?" [Savage8778] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, I guess most folks at that race were close enough to Chat that they wanted spots. Definitely not much roll.

The run was as tough as advertised! I'm also in a pretty flat spot and while I ran a good, steady run I definitely could not get in a fast rhythm. Literally all up or down on that course.

Aaron Bales
Lansing Triathlon Team
Quote Reply
Re: Muncie 70.3 - let's play "Rolldown or Nah?" [Savage8778] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How many spots did M 30-34 get? And how far did it roll down?
Quote Reply
Re: Muncie 70.3 - let's play "Rolldown or Nah?" [iceman05] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
About 4, rolled to 10th - 4:38ish.

Aaron Bales
Lansing Triathlon Team
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
turningscrews wrote:
I didn't go that fast, certainly crossed on the run. I had an Iowa Hawkeye hat on.

I love that race.

I see why - fair course, nice venue, great volunteers.

What color kit did you have? I think I cut a ridiculous figure out there, even for a triathlete. I'm 6'4", 170 with a lime green kit, white arm coolers, white visor, frameless shades I forgot to take off after the bike.. Oh, and I wear one of those Breathrite-type nose strips. Total dork.

Aaron Bales
Lansing Triathlon Team
Quote Reply

Prev Next