Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Forgie has a woody
Quote | Reply
http://www.sacbee.com/...rticle158965184.html

“The State of California’s desire to criminalize simple possession of a firearm magazine able to hold more than 10 rounds is precisely the type of policy choice that the Constitution takes off the table,” the injunction read.

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/...4.html#storylink=cpy
Quote Reply
Re: Forgie has a woody [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Still not sure how that law was not a violation of the Takings Clause of the Constitution. This judge seems to agree.

That said, fuck California. They get what they deserve.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: Forgie has a woody [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Reuters article on this reports that on the same day a federal judge in a different district refused to issue an injunction against the same law.

I don't know all the factual differences between the two cases, but c'mon. I understand that there are splits of authority in the common law, but how two judges can come to opposite conclusions on the same issue on the same day is still leaves me scratching my head sometimes.

War is god
Quote Reply
Re: Forgie has a woody [Crank] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Crank wrote:
The Reuters article on this reports that on the same day a federal judge in a different district refused to issue an injunction against the same law.

I don't know all the factual differences between the two cases, but c'mon. I understand that there are splits of authority in the common law, but how two judges can come to opposite conclusions on the same issue on the same day is still leaves me scratching my head sometimes.

It certainly is frustrating but it happens all the time. It's called "forum shopping" and it means you find a judge friendly to your cause. Judges should be impartial, but they are just like the rest of us - some liberal, some conservative, some activist, some strict constructionist l, etc.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply