Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Respect their decision to not celebrate
Quote | Reply
Justin Trudeau wants Canadians to respect Native people who decide not to celebrate our 150th anniversary.

I have no problem with that whatsoever.

However will he hold the Native people to the same standard who are planning on protesting? Are they respecting our decision to celebrate?

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Respect their decision to not celebrate [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sigh...

2017 - 1867 = 150. It's fucking math. Enjoy the fireworks, eat a hot dog and a poutine doughnut. God knows the Liberals and JT need all the bread and circuses they can muster...

Protest what? It's fucking math. Nobody is claiming the land was void before 1867, any idiot with a grade 6 education knows there were all kinds of people here prior... we're just celebrating a number.

Did I mention it's fucking math? Grrr...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Frankly, I am tired of natives complaining, protesting, whining etc about white people, colonies, occupations, demanding apologies (and of course compensations)....If they wouldn't have been conquered by English speakers, they would have been conquered by French, Dutch, Spanish or some other seafaring/exploring nation. Maybe Russians or Chinese. They had better weapons and soldiers so they conquered. I, and many other immigrants have nothing to do with conquering, residential schools etc so we don't owe them anything. Today's taxpayers and government should stop paying and apologizing for the sins of the past.
If they don't want to celebrate a country that is paying their chiefs hundreds of thousands of (taxpayer's) dollars, well, fine. But don't interfere with me celebrating a country that got me out of a shithole war in Yugoslavia, that gave me future and freedom, a career where nobody cares about my religion, ethnicity, political thoughts etc. a country where I can vote without anybody looking over my shoulder. I could go on and on but I won't, I am going to raise a Canadian flag, celebrate and say thank you Canada.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Man life is hard for the put upon white man. Shit ain't fair. I don't know how Canada will cope with some people not giving a shit about a holiday.
Quote Reply
Re: Respect their decision to not celebrate [Tibbsy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know how I'm dealing:

Indignant yet?

Sensing a pattern? It's fucking math... :)
Quote Reply
Re: Respect their decision to not celebrate [snoots] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
snoots wrote:
Sigh...

2017 - 1867 = 150. It's fucking math. Enjoy the fireworks, eat a hot dog and a poutine doughnut. God knows the Liberals and JT need all the bread and circuses they can muster...

Protest what? It's fucking math. Nobody is claiming the land was void before 1867, any idiot with a grade 6 education knows there were all kinds of people here prior... we're just celebrating a number.

Did I mention it's fucking math? Grrr...

And I thought all the fuss was cause I am turning 50 on Sunday. If only my Dad had knocked up dear 'ole Mom 12 hours earlier I woulda been a Centennial baby. Oh well, close enough

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Quote Reply
Re: Respect their decision to not celebrate [Tibbsy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tibbsy wrote:
Man life is hard for the put upon white man. Shit ain't fair. I don't know how Canada will cope with some people not giving a shit about a holiday.

I never said poor white man.

If the PM is telling us to respect them he should tell them to respect us. But that would somehow be racist.

And did I mention that I respect their decision to not celebrate? Yes. Yes I did.

And the Native People do give a shit. There will be many protests on Canada Day.

Last edited by: BLeP: Jun 30, 17 4:49
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
However will he hold the Native people to the same standard who are planning on protesting?
---

Perhaps he's planning on being the adult here. If the children want to rant and rave, just let them scream until they get it out of their system. He's got a party to attend.

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Respect their decision to not celebrate [Tri-Banter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You should have seen the shit show on the news yesterday. It was incoherent at best.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My ancestors where chased out of France. I know Vietnamese people who came to Canada with nothing. Same for Bosnians. Didn't know language and no "white privelege" Most people who came to Canada came with very little and within a generation their kids are going to professional schools owning businesses etc. Waiting decades for the white man to make it right isn't helping the natives.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Re: Respect their decision to not celebrate [softrun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
softrun wrote:
Frankly, I am tired of natives complaining, protesting, whining etc about white people, colonies, occupations, demanding apologies (and of course compensations)....If they wouldn't have been conquered by English speakers, they would have been conquered by French, Dutch, Spanish or some other seafaring/exploring nation. Maybe Russians or Chinese. They had better weapons and soldiers so they conquered. I, and many other immigrants have nothing to do with conquering, residential schools etc so we don't owe them anything. Today's taxpayers and government should stop paying and apologizing for the sins of the past.
If they don't want to celebrate a country that is paying their chiefs hundreds of thousands of (taxpayer's) dollars, well, fine. But don't interfere with me celebrating a country that got me out of a shithole war in Yugoslavia, that gave me future and freedom, a career where nobody cares about my religion, ethnicity, political thoughts etc. a country where I can vote without anybody looking over my shoulder. I could go on and on but I won't, I am going to raise a Canadian flag, celebrate and say thank you Canada.

This is not just a Canadian native thing. Here they want to call Australia Day, Invasion Day. Some liberal leaning local governments talked about hosting the celebration and fireworks on a separate day until the state govt stepped in and told them to pull their head in.

It's exactly as you say. The countries were going to be taken over eventually. I speculate that if the Chinese or Japanese got here first they would have been wiped out.

What's done is done, learn from it and move forward. The ones whinging the most about it are the generations far removed from the issues at hand. So many benefits are handed out and yet they still bite the hand that feeds them. For all their hatred of the 'white way' you don't see the young generation choosing to head back bush and reject it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
meh. i think one of the greatest things about living in a liberal democracy is this stuff:

i truly hope that if there are groups of people who don't like the 150, they feel free to go protest as hard and as loud as they like. and if there are people out there who really love the 150, they can go out and party 'til the wee hours. everyone gets their say.

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Last edited by: iron_mike: Jun 30, 17 9:19
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's clear to me that Trudeau = Hitler.
Quote Reply
Re: Respect their decision to not celebrate [Old Hickory] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Old Hickory wrote:
It's clear to me that Trudeau = Hitler.

Trudeau

Trump

SUP WIT DAT?!?

Last edited by: BLeP: Jun 30, 17 7:19
Quote Reply
Re: Respect their decision to not celebrate [Old Hickory] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Trudeau = 2 x Hitler Ă·Trump (Ivanka +Eric/Donald Jr.)

FIFY

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Respect their decision to not celebrate [softrun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This. I'm also tired of native people referring to anyone non-native as settlers.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Re: Respect their decision to not celebrate [iron_mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
iron_mike wrote:
meh. i think one of the greatest things about living in a liberal democracy is this stuff:

i truly hope that if there are groups of people who don't like the 150, they feel free to go protest as hard and as loud as they like. and if there are people out there who really love the 150, they can go out and party 'til the wee hours. everyone gets their say.

I don't care if the Native people protest. I don't care if they join in. I don't care if they are indifferent. I just find it annoying when the PM says "Hey you whities, you have to respect whatever they do" and then doesn't send the same message to the Natives.

They can be as disrespectful as they want and the PC Commander in Chief will be happy. Because... white people.

Last edited by: BLeP: Jun 30, 17 11:56
Quote Reply