Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

ENVE SES or Pro Missile?
Quote | Reply
I'm fortunate to have a deal with either one, so was wondering the opinions of the great ST gurus. I am trending towards the Enve system but then the Pro looks nice too. For those in the know, do the Pro bars allow for angling extensions?

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: ENVE SES or Pro Missile? [ggeiger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Unless Pro has changed something or released something new in the last couple of weeks you cannot adjust the tilt. I'd go with the Enve personally (the new one with the slick stem assuming it works for your fit).
Quote Reply
Re: ENVE SES or Pro Missile? [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks a ton for your input. I am leaning towards the ENVE, but wanted to double check before spending......

I appreciate it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Pro bars are a nightmare, don't do it. No angling, pad width not highly adjustable and width is tied to reach. Cabling makes changes in position very difficult.
Enve SES are very nice, the only let down is the armpads.
Quote Reply
Re: ENVE SES or Pro Missile? [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cyclenutnz wrote:
The Pro bars are a nightmare, don't do it. No angling, pad width not highly adjustable and width is tied to reach. Cabling makes changes in position very difficult.
Enve SES are very nice, the only let down is the armpads.

Thanks! What about the ENVE armada don't you like?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They feel a bit cheap and flexy and don't have much curvature.
Plus the bolt spacing is such that you can't replace them with anything else unless you wish to employ a dremel
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ah, I see. I seem to remember that you (or someone) modified some other armpads? I do like the ability to adjust up to 15% on the extensions.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bmanx dremeled some Hed or Tririg ones. So it can be done - just depends on your appetite for doing such things.

Enve tilt adjustment is very easy.
Tririg gives +20 to -5deg with tilt kit - so with the ergo cups they're now a pretty good set of bars
Profile Aeria Ultimate gives 0-15deg
Zipp Vuka Stealth +-6 (though not if you use low stack clamp), which should mean the Vuka Aero has it too.

Those are the only high end bars I can think of with easily adjustable tilt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cyclenutnz wrote:
Bmanx dremeled some Hed or Tririg ones. So it can be done - just depends on your appetite for doing such things.

Enve tilt adjustment is very easy.
Tririg gives +20 to -5deg with tilt kit - so with the ergo cups they're now a pretty good set of bars
Profile Aeria Ultimate gives 0-15deg
Zipp Vuka Stealth +-6 (though not if you use low stack clamp), which should mean the Vuka Aero has it too.

Those are the only high end bars I can think of with easily adjustable tilt

Thanks! I have a screaming deal with ENVE so will go that way. Especially since they seem pretty amazing for adjustability. Even though I can't use their stem on my current bike, I'm getting it for the future as that looks quite nice too.
Quote Reply