Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Trainer Road Setup - What do I need?
Quote | Reply
Thanks in advance!

I am looking at committing to Trainer Road and one of their programs. From a setup standpoint, what do I all need?

I currently have a Cycleops Fluid trainer from a handful of years ago. Can I use that? What do I need to add on to the trainer or bike?

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer Road Setup - What do I need? [thunderdouble] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Put the Trainer Road software on your phone or tablet.

Trainer on this list. http://support.trainerroad.com/...-Compatible-Trainers

HR monitor that talks in BT or ANT+. I had more luck with the latter.

ANT+ Speed and Cadence sensor.
https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2011/07/ant-bike-speedcadence-sensor-everything.html

Books @ Amazon
"If only he had used his genius for niceness, instead of Evil." M. Smart
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer Road Setup - What do I need? [thunderdouble] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thunderdouble wrote:
Thanks in advance!

I am looking at committing to Trainer Road and one of their programs. From a setup standpoint, what do I all need?

I currently have a Cycleops Fluid trainer from a handful of years ago. Can I use that? What do I need to add on to the trainer or bike?

Thanks!

The article that was linked above might be a little outdated. We'll look into that.. :) Just in case your trainer isn't listed there, you can check if we support it here: Equipment Checker.

You'll select the 'VirtualPower' option. Then you'll be pointed towards a speed sensor we recommend, which you'll need to train with VirtualPower. That's the device you'll add to your bike. Then you can double check the trainer in our equipment checker. There's a solid 10+ CycleOps trainers that we support like the Fluid 2 and JetFluid Pro, not sure which exact model you have but you can check there.

Please don't hesitate to get in touch with us at support@trainerroad.com if you run into any other questions or concerns down the road.

Thanks for your interest!

Get Faster with TrainerRoad
Quote Reply