Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Chamois cream for really long rides... [velox canis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
velox canis wrote:
Had any trouble with it damaging-staining-breaking down kit? I've seen mixed reviews

Yeah...Bag Balm broke down the chamois padding in a couple of my bib shorts. I switched to Chamois Butt'R "Euro Style".

http://bikeblather.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Chamois cream for really long rides... [dangle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Regarding the single sizing like you may want in a special needs bag, I saw ButtonHole in single serve packets last weekend. It's probably a LBS only type thing, but just thought that was cool to see. ButtonHole is pretty good and would be much preferred over Chamois Butt'r for a re-application situation (like halfway through the bike in a 140.6). While pretty thick, I gotta say I still haven't found anything better than Friction Zone.
Quote Reply
Re: Chamois cream for really long rides... [The_Mickstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My favorite was Belgium Butter but they went out of business a few years ago. The closest in quality, performance and natural is bluerub. Hard to find out west but no bad stuff in it and no tingle!
Quote Reply
Re: Chamois cream for really long rides... [The_Mickstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I went to my LBS yesterday to restock on Assos, they told me that it was discontinued and weren't making it anymore! I found it hard to believe, and still do. I ordered some on amazon..

But Assos also has my vote, it doesn't break down and disappear. I use it for 100% of my riding including centuries, and there is still plenty on the chamois when I remove the shorts.
Quote Reply

Prev Next