Prev Next
Re: Is Chick-Fil-A a Popular Thing? [Virginia Plain] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Virginia Plain wrote:
blueraider_mike wrote:
Tibbsy wrote:
To quote my gay son,

"Yeah they hate me but the fries are so good."

Only they don't...you need to do your homework on the owner and his friendship with a certain gay person who thought the same thing.

Maybe do yours. While CFA has denounced previous antigay standing, they are a supporter of Federation of Christian Athletes, a notably anti-gay organization.

Do you mean the Fellowship of Christian Athletes, or the Federation of Christian Ministries, because I don't think there is a Federation of Christian Athletes.

Further, both the FCA and the FCM do not make "anti-gay" their focus. They are fairly fundamentalist Christian organizations, so they likely disapprove of the gay lifestyle, but that does not translate into "hating gays." Chick-fil-A's owner is a Christian and supports traditional Christian values, so it is not surprising that he supports the FCA (or FCM, not sure which you're referring to). Both organizations do some good work in the name of Christianity. Unfortunately, they also draw negative attention on the gay lifestyle issue, which they see as contrary to Christian values.

''The enemy isn't conservatism. The enemy isn't liberalism. The enemy is bulls**t.''

—Lars-Erik Nelson
Quote Reply
Re: Is Chick-Fil-A a Popular Thing? [Joe Public] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Joe Public wrote:
If memory serves, Chik-Fil-A gives free food for a year to the first X number of customers on the opening day of a new store. That could account for some of the attendance.

I like their food. I'm not big on fast food in general, but they're on my list of spots when I do indulge.

This is correct - not that the novelty wears off, but the camping out is for the free food for the year.

Oh - and the cookies and cream milkshake is soooo good.

twomarks
Quote Reply
Re: Is Chick-Fil-A a Popular Thing? [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The GMAN wrote:
wild hare wrote:
slowguy wrote:
There are always lines at the San Diego Chik Fil-A's it seems. The one on Sports Arena is always more packed than the other fast food spots around there, and it's been there for years.

It's Southern California. There's a long line and wait for everything. Here in the grand ol' South, every Chik Fil A has a 15-20 car line in drive thru at all meal times and 5-6 between meals. During regular meal times it's almost impossible to get in the door and you have to park in a neighboring business' parking lot.

They opened the first CFA in my Houston suburb maybe 8-10 years ago. There were a ton of them in Houston but none in our 'burb. They had to close it down after a year so that they could double the size of it. I think it has three drive-thru lanes. It's fucking nuts. Now there are three CFA's in my burb and they're all within 3-4 miles of each other. Each one crowded from the time they open until they close.

You must live in the Katy area
Quote Reply
Re: Is Chick-Fil-A a Popular Thing? [Tri-Banter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My son believes the fries love him like he loves them. It's quite lovely if you think about it. The owner wanting all his children to not go to the fun side but some of his little golden fried ones find their way to a relationship with my son's gay tummy.
Quote Reply
Re: Is Chick-Fil-A a Popular Thing? [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
That's weird. They haven't been in the Milwaukee area for that long. When they first arrived, the lines were crazy. Now, nothing any different than any other fast food place. That's been my experience in northern IL as well.

I'm late in piling on this thread, but in my area (Austin TX) the CF lines are always much longer than other fast food joints.

Quote Reply
Re: Is Chick-Fil-A a Popular Thing? [jro81] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jro81 wrote:
I am convinced they could put a Chick-fil-a on the moon and there would be a line wrapped around the building for the drive through.

But there are only a couple of vehicles on the Moon.
Quote Reply
Re: Is Chick-Fil-A a Popular Thing? [Old Hickory] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Old Hickory wrote:
jro81 wrote:
I am convinced they could put a Chick-fil-a on the moon and there would be a line wrapped around the building for the drive through.

But there are only a couple of vehicles on the Moon.

If any ...

On the other hand, Mars is the only known planet inhabited solely by robots from another planet

I doubt they're interested in chicken club sandwiches or waffle fries

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Is Chick-Fil-A a Popular Thing? [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
If any ...

On the other hand, Mars is the only known planet inhabited solely by robots from another planet

I doubt they're interested in chicken club sandwiches or waffle fries

They're only not interested because they haven't had the spicy chicken with extra pickles yet
Quote Reply
Re: Is Chick-Fil-A a Popular Thing? [orchidrun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
orchidrun wrote:
The GMAN wrote:
wild hare wrote:
slowguy wrote:
There are always lines at the San Diego Chik Fil-A's it seems. The one on Sports Arena is always more packed than the other fast food spots around there, and it's been there for years.

It's Southern California. There's a long line and wait for everything. Here in the grand ol' South, every Chik Fil A has a 15-20 car line in drive thru at all meal times and 5-6 between meals. During regular meal times it's almost impossible to get in the door and you have to park in a neighboring business' parking lot.

They opened the first CFA in my Houston suburb maybe 8-10 years ago. There were a ton of them in Houston but none in our 'burb. They had to close it down after a year so that they could double the size of it. I think it has three drive-thru lanes. It's fucking nuts. Now there are three CFA's in my burb and they're all within 3-4 miles of each other. Each one crowded from the time they open until they close.

You must live in the Katy area

Cypress.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: Is Chick-Fil-A a Popular Thing? [Crank] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pretty normal for an opening. Actually, it's almost normal day to day. The one closest to my house has a double drive through and the line still backs up into the street. The peach milkshake is life-changing... I'll give them that.

Their real estate is popular too. I've seen ground leases trade at 3.5% Caps. Think about that for a minute. That's only 75bpds above the long bond. In Chic Fil A we trust I guess?
Quote Reply
Re: Is Chick-Fil-A a Popular Thing? [lunchbox] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lunchbox wrote:
If health didn't matter, I'd be content to live on Portillo's, Culver's, and CFA.

I really liked CFA as a kid growing up in Charlotte. I'm hoping they build one in Harrisburg really soon. I was surprised to see one in Rockford, IL about 2 years ago. Surprised to see Culver's down here in Charlotte.

Companies expand and want to make money, but I like the regional character of certain food joints. Whataburger was kick ass in Texas.

Portillo's wins hands down. In Texas I'd take Freddy's or the imported In and out, Five Guys or Wendy's
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's a flipping chicken sandwich, but they do provide a family-friendly experience. I disagree that the blush wears off, as all the CFA's I see have had a line for years. Except on Sunday....
Quote Reply
Re: Is Chick-Fil-A a Popular Thing? [Danno] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
That's weird. They haven't been in the Milwaukee area for that long. When they first arrived, the lines were crazy. Now, nothing any different than any other fast food place. That's been my experience in northern IL as well.

This is my experience in Northwestern PA as well.

_____
TEAM HD
Each day is what you make of it so make it the best day possible.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would agree. Decent chicken but no lining up.

Canadian Record Holder 35-39M & 40-44M - 200 m Butterfly (LCM)
Quote Reply
Re: Is Chick-Fil-A a Popular Thing? [Tibbsy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tibbsy wrote:
To quote my gay son,

"Yeah they hate me but the fries are so good."

This is what's funny about the "turmoil" surrounding Chic Fil A. I have been chastised, by a few heterosexual friends, because I dared to eat at CFA. All of my gay friends eat at CFA without a second thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Is Chick-Fil-A a Popular Thing? [eye3md] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gay people are so good dealingb the straight people bullshit it's heroic.
Quote Reply
Re: Is Chick-Fil-A a Popular Thing? [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why aren't they open on Sunday?
Quote Reply
Re: Is Chick-Fil-A a Popular Thing? [Trieatalot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Trieatalot wrote:
Why aren't they open on Sunday?

The Sabbath
Quote Reply
Re: Is Chick-Fil-A a Popular Thing? [Trieatalot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why isn't America's Tire open on Sunday?
Quote Reply
Re: Is Chick-Fil-A a Popular Thing? [Crank] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Seems like the only time I ever think about eating at a Chick-Fil-A is a Sunday morning. So I drive down there only to be reminded that the fuckersbare closed on Sindays.
Quote Reply

Prev Next