Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Rear Hub Rebuild
Quote | Reply
Hi Wrenching Twitchers,

I need to rebuild the hub on my Boyd wheel. It's a 10 speed conventional rear hub. Can one of you point me in the direction of a good resource in terms of process and parts? Are bearing size and types pretty much standard in size and operation with respect to rear hubs (10 or 11 speed)?

Thanks!!
G
Quote Reply
Re: Rear Hub Rebuild [apache] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Contact Boyd, he has always been supper easy to deal with.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why do you want to rebuild it?
Quote Reply
Re: Rear Hub Rebuild [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jimatbeyond wrote:
Why do you want to rebuild it?

Because it needs to be rebuilt (slop and noise emanating). Not because I am bored with too much time on my hands ;-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Derfinitely ask boyd for help, but I imagine that the hub uses sealed cartridge bearings.

You'll need a bearing press/extractor tools and new (appropriate size) bearings. Then some grease for pressing in the new bearings. Should be fairly straightforward.

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The bearing size will be marked on the seals. It should say something like"6802".
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You can email me, and if you attach a picture of the hub then I can tell you (and even ship you) anything that you need. If it's 10 speed then it would be an older model hub, but we still have parts for all the hubs here.
Should be really easy to get you going.

email is
boyd at boydcycling dot com