Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Hard days hard and easy days easy, or is it workouts?
Quote | Reply
Hi ST!

Early on, while I was just running, I learned the hard way to keep the easy days easy and the hard days hard. Back then I never did more than one workout per day. I've kept this philosophy in triathlon training, and often I'll do something like an easy morning run and a hard evening bike, or similar. I'll repeat this for most days, and 2 days per week will be total rest or just one easy workout.

But listening to a podcast a few days ago (I think it was ATC on Endurance Planet), someone mentioned that focus should be on days, not workouts. In this case, you might do a hard run in the morning and a hard bike in the evening, and the following day you do easy workouts both morning and evening.

Initial thoughts: might help recovery, since you get more time for recovery. But the quality of hard workout #2 in a day may suffer. And recovery needed from a hard day should increase?

Anyway, does anyone follow something like this? Have tried it? Thoughts?
Quote Reply
Re: Hard days hard and easy days easy, or is it workouts? [minimalist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Focus shouldn't be on days or sessions, it should be on goals & what will interfere or enhance those goals session to session.

http://www.sweat7.com
Facebook Page: Sweat7
Twitter: @sweat7coaching
Quote Reply