Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Defend Tim Horton's [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cerveloguy wrote:
Wasn't he a hockey player or something?

Something.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Defend Tim Horton's [CaptainCanada] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There is no defending Tim Hortons. I apologize for Canada inflicting its scourge on the world.

For us - Tim Horton's is emergency-no-other-choices coffee when we are out and about.

Personally, I've never understood the attraction at some key levels - bland coffee, bland food, boring and bland interiors, often unhappy and un-engaging counter-help.

The irony now is it's not even a Canadian company anymore - it's owned by a large Brazilian corporation who has been making headlines by trying to grow the company and the brand by ruthlessly cost-cutting, penny-pinching and haggling with franchisees over petty little things and taking any profits OUT of Canada!

I know that the history of the company is steeped in Canadiana. So much do that in, recent past federal and provincial elections, politicians would be lined up, and falling over each other to, do press conferences, get sound-bites, and hold events AT Tim Horton's outlets. It will be interesting to see if this is the case going forward - given how UN-Canadian the company is now!

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: Defend Tim Horton's [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tims hasn't been owned by Canadians for years. This is nothing new.

Also you might not like the coffee but many, many, many do.

Personally, I don't drink coffee so I can't tell you how good or terrible it is.

Quote Reply
Re: Defend Tim Horton's [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

It's not been that long.

Oh yes - I do understand that, the long line-ups are a testament to how many people do like what they get at TH - my only point was that, it's been promoted as this iconic bit of Canadiana ( and politicians crassly cashing in on that is the ultimate acid-test of that!), that I am sure, if you did man-in-the-street interviews, many TH regulars would wax eloquently, about those ties to Canada - which at the corporate level don't exist any more!

If people want to embrace a national coffee shop chain that is truly, Canadian, then Second Cup is the one they should get behind! I know the owners personally! :)

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: Defend Tim Horton's [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fleck wrote:

It's not been that long.

Oh yes - I do understand that, the long line-ups are a testament to how many people do like what they get at TH - my only point was that, it's been promoted as this iconic bit of Canadiana ( and politicians crassly cashing in on that is the ultimate acid-test of that!), that I am sure, if you did man-in-the-street interviews, many TH regulars would wax eloquently, about those ties to Canada - which at the corporate level don't exist any more!

If people want to embrace a national coffee shop chain that is truly, Canadian, then Second Cup is the one they should get behind! I know the owners personally! :)

They were bought by Wendys in the mid 90s,

Quote Reply

Prev Next