Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Who all is tired of Lavar Ball? [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Not an overbearing sports parent, that's too kind.

He's a pathetic pro sports failure that is desperately trying to live vicariously through his son's talent.

I agree. He's just so embarrassing as a 48 year old man. For kicks I read his wikipedia page and I'm pretty sure he wrote it himself because no one cares about a guy who averaged 2.2 pts a game in DII basketball and played on the practice squad in the NFL.
Quote Reply
Re: Who all is tired of Lavar Ball? [justgeorge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And now this clown takes his never going to be drafted son out of UCLA because he can better prepare him for the NBA. He's only got one bullet left. Better not fuck up Lamelo's future or the BBB brand could be in trouble. Sigh...
Quote Reply
Re: Who all is tired of Lavar Ball? [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:
I never heard of him until now.

Thanks a lot.

He's some meathead that thinks it's okay for kids to steal, since kids will be kids. Nevermind, that the 'kids' were young adults.
Quote Reply
Re: Who all is tired of Lavar Ball? [TimeIsUp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TimeIsUp wrote:
And now this clown takes his never going to be drafted son out of UCLA because he can better prepare him for the NBA. He's only got one bullet left. Better not fuck up Lamelo's future or the BBB brand could be in trouble. Sigh...
He already took Lamelo out of high school and is home schooling and coaching him himself.

The Staples Center now has the "Lavar Ball" rule preventing media from the player family seating area, keeping him from post-game nonsense.

I miss YaHey
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TimeIsUp wrote:

Lamelo was also pulled out of his high school. The two younger kids are screwed.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Who all is tired of Lavar Ball? [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
+1

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TimeIsUp wrote:
He is such a joke that it would not surprise me if the kids run far from him when given the chance.

Quote | Reply
I watched him being interviewed by on CNN this morning. Takeaways; his kids won’t be punished by an “institution” after they apologize, the Balls will determine whether a punishment is appropriate, once “China” dropped the charges UCLA should have as well, these coaches make a lot of money and it’s kind of their fault for not chaperoning the players and they should have kept them locked in the hotel, the youngest son will still be going to UCLA and will be a “one and done” (I imagine UCLA has some say in whether he’ll play there!) and so on.

The guy is delusional and the kids are going to pay the price. Todd Marinovich comes to mind.

I think the follow-up question that should have been asked is, “So, if the UCLA coaches are to blame, should an NBA team that drafts your son plan to provide a chaperone or to keep him in a hotel on road trips to prevent further criminal activity?”
Quote Reply
Re: Who all is tired of Lavar Ball? [DieselPete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DieselPete wrote:
I watched him being interviewed by on CNN this morning. Takeaways; his kids won’t be punished by an “institution” after they apologize, the Balls will determine whether a punishment is appropriate, once “China” dropped the charges UCLA should have as well, these coaches make a lot of money and it’s kind of their fault for not chaperoning the players and they should have kept them locked in the hotel, the youngest son will still be going to UCLA and will be a “one and done” (I imagine UCLA has some say in whether he’ll play there!) and so on.

The guy is delusional and the kids are going to pay the price. Todd Marinovich comes to mind.

I think the follow-up question that should have been asked is, “So, if the UCLA coaches are to blame, should an NBA team that drafts your son plan to provide a chaperone or to keep him in a hotel on road trips to prevent further criminal activity?”
I heard part of his drawn out blabbering about how the school should take some responsibility for the crime in China. He is a nut and knows it. He is just drawing attention to himself, not the kids for any benefit. Two others were involved and their guardians/parents have cried about the bad actions because it would be wrong to do so. The Ball father is a few decades short of being Joe Jackson pushing his kids into show business. We all know how that turned.

Quote | Reply
I'm not even sure who he is, so definitely not sick of him.
Quote Reply
Re: Who all is tired of Lavar Ball? [DieselPete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I saw a funny comment on Twitter that he is taking his Balls and going home...

Worst example of the stereotypical overbearing youth sports parent.

"You can never win or lose if you don't run the race." - Richard Butler

Quote Reply
Re: Who all is tired of Lavar Ball? [travelmama] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Where is the mother in all of this? I only follow this because I see it in my headline feeds. Is the Mom in the picture? Does she ever speak?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was disappointed the Lakers drafted him. As a lifelong Lakers fan I have enjoyed all of the success and all of the defeats but this shit show is something all together awful. Really wish Magic had passed on this kid and his Dad.
Quote Reply
Re: Who all is tired of Lavar Ball? [Uncle Arqyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Uncle Arqyle wrote:
Where is the mother in all of this? I only follow this because I see it in my headline feeds. Is the Mom in the picture? Does she ever speak?

She was here until recently.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't normally agree with anything the President has to say on Twitter but this was gold...

Quote:
Donald Trump
LaVar, you could have spent the next 5 to 10 years during Thanksgiving with your son in China, but no NBA contract to support you. But remember LaVar, shoplifting is NOT a little thing. It’s a really big deal, especially in China. Ungrateful fool!

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: Who all is tired of Lavar Ball? [nicholasJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is the same fool who said this...

https://www.si.com/...er-steph-curry-video
Quote Reply
Re: Who all is tired of Lavar Ball? [axlsix3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Heard a good tweet read on Morning Men this morning, "Lavar took his Balls and went home"

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
http://www.espn.com/...n-liangelo-ball-ucla

odds that the balls end up on the street broke?

boy 1: struggling in the nba
boy 2: pulled from college and badmouthing the school, coaches, pretty much everyone. but it's not his kids fault
boy 3: HS coach sucks so pulls his kid out of that program

ΜΟΛΩΝ-ΛΑΒΕ
we're doomed
Quote Reply
Re: Who all is tired of Lavar Ball? [Madduck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm still surprised no one mentioned the fact that the kid is 18, and his daddy pulls him out of school?! The kid should have said, you can't pull me out. It's my scholarship, and you aren't going to ruin my life. Then he could have stayed at ucla for full term of scholarship and gotten a degree (agent) to rep his brothers.

This guy is a "No talent ass clown" as Michael Bolton said in office space.

He is a failure as a father, has ruined 2 kids futures, and follows his NBA son around trying to run his life. I would love to be at a game against the Lakers with him in attendance on the road.
Quote Reply
Re: Who all is tired of Lavar Ball? [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
If you just ignore him then he won't bug you.

This is good advice. Works for most LR attention seekers too;)
Quote Reply
Re: Who all is tired of Lavar Ball? [tri_yoda] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tri_yoda wrote:
windywave wrote:
If you just ignore him then he won't bug you.

This is good advice. Works for most LR attention seekers too;)

huh...im sorry...did you type something?
;-)

ΜΟΛΩΝ-ΛΑΒΕ
we're doomed
Quote Reply
Re: Who all is tired of Lavar Ball? [Uncle Arqyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Uncle Arqyle wrote:
She is like Katherine Jackson, silent. When all of this crap blows over Lavar like Joe, will be living alone in another state while all of the kids and grandkids will stick with the mother on Havenhurst enjoying family time. Lavar is setting up his own demise in the public eye.

Quote | Reply
travelmama wrote:
She is like Katherine Jackson, silent. When all of this crap blows over Lavar like Joe, will be living alone in another state while all of the kids and grandkids will stick with the mother on Havenhurst enjoying family time. Lavar is setting up his own demise in the public eye.

I do hope this is the outcome.
Quote Reply
Re: Who all is tired of Lavar Ball? [johnnybefit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rumor mill says that he is shopping the two younger boys as a package deal to play in Europe or Japan and the immediate feedback is that Gelo isn’t good enough to play top division basketball overseas.

I’m finding it interesting how often daddy says that his boys are “loyal” to him. Over and over. I think his greatest fear is that if they make it big they will suddenly lose that loyalty and the anticipated gravy train will go off the rails for daddy.
Quote Reply

Prev Next