Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Help with BMC TM02
Quote | Reply
My brother has a BMC TM02. He wants to angle the seat slightly downwards but all we can see is the bolt that changes the fore/aft of the seat.

Are we missing something or is this seatpost clamp unable to be adjusted for the angle?

If that's the case, how to get around that?

Thanks in advance.
Quote Reply
Re: Help with BMC TM02 [KingMidas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's very strange and you have to loosen it quite a bit, but it does change angle. Not sure I can really describe it as it's been a while, but in general you need to loosen that one bolt enough (quite a lot) so that the "teeth" holding it in place come apart, change your angle, and then tighten. Make sure you mark the fore/aft spot with a marker or something as the seat will slide around with the bolt loosened

Personally it's a PITA system
Quote Reply
Re: Help with BMC TM02 [ChrisM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ChrisM wrote:
It's very strange and you have to loosen it quite a bit, but it does change angle. Not sure I can really describe it as it's been a while, but in general you need to loosen that one bolt enough (quite a lot) so that the "teeth" holding it in place come apart, change your angle, and then tighten. Make sure you mark the fore/aft spot with a marker or something as the seat will slide around with the bolt loosened

Personally it's a PITA system

Agreed on the PIA. Thanks a lot. Will give it a try.
Quote Reply
Re: Help with BMC TM02 [ChrisM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep. Of all of my bikes, my BMC TM02 is by far the biggest pain to adjust the seat on. It took me a while to figure out how to change the saddle. I was looking for the typical rail holder adjustments and had a hard time even finding that bolt under the seat. I have a fitting tonight, so we will see if it makes the fitter cranky (although he is probably more used to it than I am).
Quote Reply