Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tubular?
Quote | Reply
I'm tempted to make the jump to tubular tires as I've heard they can cut time. Anyone have any experience?
Last edited by: misterpersonguy: Jun 27, 17 11:05
Quote Reply
Re: Tubular? [misterpersonguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've previously ran zipp tubulars (808/900 combo) and absolutely loved the ride of them compared to my narrow clincher wheels. That said, I upgraded to Flo Aluminum Clinchers and the ride is just as good if not better with the wider rims. Not to mention tire changes are a lot simpler. What wheels do you have now and what type of racing or riding do you plan to use them for?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
misterpersonguy wrote:
I'm tempted to make the jump to tubular tires as I've heard they can cut time. Anyone have any experience?

You asked this same question last month. The overwhelming majority said it's not worth investing in. You asked again today and then post a pair of tubular race wheels a few minutes after this post. Weird.

And yes, it's a slow day at work.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BUSTED!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
misterpersonguy wrote:

Yes, they're fast & cool but don't buy them. They're just for Pro's..........
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't know why people think tubular tires are fast or faster than clinchers. There are faster clincher tires available than there are tubular.

blog
Quote Reply