Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Litespeed or Lynsky or Moots or Seven? [Cbrown] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cbrown wrote:
If you run into someone who has purchased a Litespeed titanium bike recently ask them about their bike and our company.
I'm one of them - I bought a Litespeed T3 w/ Ultegra Di2 last year. It is the only Ti bike I've owned, so I can't give you a comparison with the other brands but it has been a great bike for me so far.
Quote Reply
Re: Litespeed or Lynsky? [Flanders] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Flanders wrote:
Kent Eriksen makes some sweet Ti
http://kenteriksen.com/bikes/

Hampsten Ti bikes are made there as well by Brad Bingham
Quote Reply
Re: Litespeed or Lynsky or Moots or Seven? [GO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GO wrote:
In the market for a Ti bike. Been looking at Litespeed and Lynsky website. i dont have enough knowledge to help me decide which brand i should go with. Looking at Litespeed T2 and Lynsky Helix Pro.
Anyone can shed some light and give some advice pls? I know Lynsky started Litespeed. What about customer service? Anyone with any positive or negative experiences to share pls?
thanx in advance..

I bought a NOS custom lynskey frame on ebay from an online bikeshop, built it up and it was a fantastic ride.
The headtube developed a crack (prolly because I didn't have the right head bearing press) and they wouldn't warranty the frame.
Bit disappointed with that response, but the warranty only applies to the original purchaser
Took the crack to Chris Dekerf for a repair, he did a great job, I'm back biking and it's a superb ride

res, non verba
Last edited by: RoYe: Jul 1, 17 12:42
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have an 11 year old Seven Aerios and I love it as much as when it was built. Their customer service was great and between me, my lbs and Seven, we figured out which bike would be best and then they made the frame, my lbs built it, I sat on it and it fit like a glove. It was not cheap,but I expect to enjoy the bike for many, many years to come. I have only great things to say about my experience with Seven! good luck!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have 2 Litespeeds. Tachyon tri bike bought in 1998 and a Tuscany bought in 2005. Love both and still ride both. Seriously considered Seven for a road bike, but I bought the Tuscany frame and built up with Chorus for the price of a Seven frame. Ti is real.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a Moots road, CX and MTB, and love all of them. Each time I've dealt with the company they've been fantastic. I can't really speak to the other two brands, but I have friends who love their Sevens....for me, though, Moots is really hard to beat on any dimension except price. And even given the prices, I think the value is pretty good.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have custom ti frames from both Lynsky and Moots, as well as Serotta and Roark. The Lynsky is the heaviest bike, the Moots has the best welding and is definitely on the lighter side. If I were in a position to buy a new custom ti bike at this time I'd probably check first with Moots, though would also consider a Seven.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Now that Litespeed (ABG) has taken notice that people wanting a Litespeed tend to want carbon...hard to go wrong. But, they are nothing with out the history of the Lynsky family. Period.

My call - I call Lynsky. Moots makes some crazy cool rides as well. But, if you want personal service (and want a custom) call Lynsky first, then call Moots and see how things feel. Ever since Herbert left ABG (a long time ago) service has become secondary)
Quote Reply

Prev Next