Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: ROKA Team USA Tri Suits? [HandHeartCrown] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ah...well I'm not on Team USA so I can't see the kit

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: ROKA Team USA Tri Suits? [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was just about to ask...I don't see the trisuits on the site...where are they? Is everyone on here posting on "Team USA"? If so, what exactly is defined as "Team USA"?
Quote Reply
Re: ROKA Team USA Tri Suits? [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You have to qualify for Team USA and then Roka puts you on a list. Then when you log in, you can access the Team USA store to buy what you need.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Team USA" is the term used for people (Americans, specifically since this is a global website) who have qualified for any of the various World Championships (i.e. triathlon, duathlon, aquathlon, aquabike, cross tri, etc).

There's a link on the Roka website labelled "Team USA Store" but access is controlled by USAT based on who has registered for the WC races.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow!! What a racket. They make you feel special about your "selection" (and I'm not saying you shouldn't), and then lure you into buying a new USA trisuit based on that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think it's a requirement to wear the Team USA suits.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I assumed. That was kinda my point. If you take your spot you are essentially forced into buying the Roka kit.

I now see why Kiwami wanted the bid so bad and why it is such a windfall for Roka. I guess I mistakenly assumed the Team USA contract was limited to national/Olympic team members.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No. They have their own suits as well but you can qualify to be on Team USA.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DFW_Tri wrote:
Wow!! What a racket. They make you feel special about your "selection" (and I'm not saying you shouldn't), and then lure you into buying a new USA trisuit based on that.

Not only a trisuit (which isn't a bad thing) but a "parade kit" which is a pair of shorts, a shirt and a jacket. I believe those are Pearl Izumi items. The parade kit is a real scam.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd love to see what all of this looks like

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As a work around, you could just slip a pair of padded tri shorts underneath it... One year the sponsor making our team kit sent chamois less tri kits to our team (it was literally a sleeveless skinsuit with no pad, if you wore it straight up, it looked like you were naked with bodypaint...), that season, I just slide a pair of tri shorts with a comfortable chamois on underneath them. It is a bit warm, with the two layers, but barely noticeable, it allowed a bit more modesty, and was a whole lot more comfortable... But these were from an Italian cycling focused company, a company borne from tri like Roka should know better...
Quote Reply
Re: ROKA Team USA Tri Suits? [Trauma] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kiwami has a padded speedo.. Could work

Trauma wrote:
As a work around, you could just slip a pair of padded tri shorts underneath it... One year the sponsor making our team kit sent chamois less tri kits to our team (it was literally a sleeveless skinsuit with no pad, if you wore it straight up, it looked like you were naked with bodypaint...), that season, I just slide a pair of tri shorts with a comfortable chamois on underneath them. It is a bit warm, with the two layers, but barely noticeable, it allowed a bit more modesty, and was a whole lot more comfortable... But these were from an Italian cycling focused company, a company borne from tri like Roka should know better...
Quote Reply
Re: ROKA Team USA Tri Suits? [sp1ke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sp1ke wrote:
I don't know about the 2008 stuff, I race in a new Rio amphibian. It has a thinner pad than most other suits but it's surprisingly comfortable :-)

I do wish they would have considered Kiwami!

Andre Bennatan wrote:
hey sir, that was back in 2008ish : )
now all our trisuits have pads as we found zero-drag designs.

I tried but USAT was not very above board IMO. The Russian investigation would pale....... ;-). No tapes, but I do have e-mails.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:
I'd love to see what all of this looks like

Here's the one piece tri suit (excuse the socks - I don't race in them). I don't have the parade kit, yet.

For reference, I'm 6'0, 160lbs with 30" waist and 38" chest and this is a Medium.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks like it fits fine. Is it tight as heck or does it feel OK? I'm 5' 8", 147 lbs on the edge of Small and Medium. Guide says to size up when on the border. Thoughts?
Quote Reply
Re: ROKA Team USA Tri Suits? [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HuffNPuff wrote:
Looks like it fits fine. Is it tight as heck or does it feel OK? I'm 5' 8", 147 lbs on the edge of Small and Medium. Guide says to size up when on the border. Thoughts?

The Medium is tight but not uncomfortable on me (6', 160lbs). There are rumors that it loosens up a bit when wet. Since you're 4" shorter than me, it might be too loose on you.

I suggest contacting Roka for their suggestion. If you're on the border, order two (uncustomized) and keep the one that fits best. You should then be able to have the one that fits customized.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wish this thread was "ROKA Team Canada Tri Suits".
Quote Reply

Prev Next