Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Movie Review: Life
Quote | Reply
In my never ending search for great SciFi I watched Life, where the plot is the never ending search for new life forms. Astronauts are on a mission to collect a satellite returning from Mars and then analyze soil contents in a space station orbiting Earth. They discover an organism and name it Calvin. Rejoice people of Earth,you are not alone in the Universe. What could go wrong with this clunker of a movie? Well for starters it was made. Spoiler alert.......

This movie is nicely filmed. The weightless sequences are great and having a Astronaut with a disability was a smart move but....

So many things about this movie reminded me about Alien/Aliens and maybe that's the problem. We've all seen this plot again and again now for 30+ years.

From the growth of the alien, to the creature entering it's victim's mouth, to the flame throwers and locking down hatch doors all that was missing was an exploding stomach and a cameo from Sigourney Weaver. But wait, there's more...

Calvin apparently is a super creature capable of living in the vacuum of space and without oxygen......but then it gets cold in the ship?

Calvin is living on Hugh's leg but doesn't kill him?

The rescue pods go in different directions???? David lives?????? Vietnam hasn't suffered enough??????????

For free this movie is an OK watch but nothing more.

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Re: Movie Review: Life [jkca1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is why movies should be avoided. It's all been made and if it seems new it is badly made. They should have just released the original Alien.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good summary. I concur. Dated plot. Zero surprises, especially the ending.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I watched the movie Life. It was decent but the plot was nothing like you are describing. Also it's about 18 years old now, get with the times.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Movie Review: Life [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
I watched the movie Life. It was decent but the plot was nothing like you are describing. Also it's about 18 years old now, get with the times.

How's your oxygen supply?

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Re: Movie Review: Life [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
Zero surprises.
Not true.
My wife was disappointed that they killed off Ryan Reynolds so soon.
Bitch
Quote Reply
Re: Movie Review: Life [Andrew69] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Andrew69 wrote:
JSA wrote:
Zero surprises.

Not true.
My wife was disappointed that they killed off Ryan Reynolds so soon.
Bitch

I'm not surprised ...

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Its because he's black isn't it? #BLM
Quote Reply
Re: Movie Review: Life [Andrew69] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, Ryan Reynolds would not have died if:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There are some rumors floating that Life was a secret prequel for Venom.
Quote Reply
Re: Movie Review: Life [Sully] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sully wrote:
There are some rumors floating that Life was a secret prequel for Venom.

I remember seeing those. It doesn't quite "work," but I supposed it could be morphed into that.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This was not too bad. It was no Europa Report but it was an okay timewaster.

Downsides: The grab of the probe was just stupid, the ridiculous and over-the-top attempt to kill Calvin with that electric flamethrower thing-a-ma-jig, and the dumbass who ignores quarantine to save the other dumbass.
Quote Reply