Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prada Selling $185 Paper Clip
Quote | Reply
It's really a money clip shaped like a paper clip. It's being sold by the Barney's website and it's made in Italy of polished sterling silver.

When I was just a young Third Class Petty Officer in the Navy, my barracks mate -- whom we called "Sluggo" ;-) -- often used a paper clip as his tie clip whenever he wore his "winter blues" (informally known as the "Gestapo uniform," for its black pants/black shirt/black tie ensemble). I couldn't understand that, and I can't understand this. ;-)

Prada sells $185 paper clip, and Twitter can't hold it together - CNET

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Re: Prada Selling $185 Paper Clip [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice. But I usually just buy the Chinese knockoffs.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What a frickin' waste of money!!! That's a joke!

If you want something nice, then get a cigar holder like the one I just picked up:

https://fancy.com/...UAw5cg538aAu0V8P8HAQ

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I bought two of them, they're actually really nice. Of course, I used them to pierce my nipples and hold $100 bills as I walk the beach with my shirt off...but that's just me.

I'm afraid of tattoos.
Quote Reply
Re: Prada Selling $185 Paper Clip [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did you buy the rock that the cigar holder is pictured resting on for an additional $400?

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Re: Prada Selling $185 Paper Clip [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BCtriguy1 wrote:
Did you buy the rock that the cigar holder is pictured resting on for an additional $400?

Of course!

I stumbled across this $650 cigar holder after I purchased one in stainless steel, that looks nearly identical, for $19.95. It actually is quite handy. But who the hell pays $650 for that thing???

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
But who the hell pays $650 for that thing???"

I don't know, but if I had to guess, I would say lawyers!

I like the occasional nice thing, and the occasional splurge, but could never spend so much on something that I know I could have hand made somewhere locally for a fraction of that.

Do you have to buy one specific for each size ring gauge you smoke?

Last edited by: BCtriguy1: Jun 26, 17 21:27
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:

If you want something nice, then get a cigar holder like the one I just picked up:

$600 seriously?
https://www.etsy.com/...-multiple?ref=market
Quote Reply
Re: Prada Selling $185 Paper Clip [SkipG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That POS is aluminum. JSA's penis extens- er, cigar holder is titanium. Get with the program, pleb!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I also don't understand why some items are advertised as being made with a CNC machine. To me, that is basically saying "a machine took a chunk of material and spat this out in under 30 seconds". I get accuracy, and being milled out of a solid chunk of something, but still, it seems kind of silly to me. I'd be more impressed by a description of "painstakingly hand whittled down from solid titanium by old, grizzled machinist over the course of 3 months." THAT I would pay good money for :-).

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BCtriguy1 wrote:
I also don't understand why some items are advertised as being made with a CNC machine. To me, that is basically saying "a machine took a chunk of material and spat this out in under 30 seconds". I get accuracy, and being milled out of a solid chunk of something, but still, it seems kind of silly to me. I'd be more impressed by a description of "painstakingly hand whittled down from solid titanium by old, grizzled machinist over the course of 3 months." THAT I would pay good money for :-).
yeah...at least they included a bottle opener on the bottom of it to help try and make up for the lameness of being machine made.

On the subject of bottle openers, I heard the guy that started bottle breacher on the radio the other day. They have some pretty cool stuff.

http://bottlebreacher.com/...be3dQCFVc7gQoduJ0Eyw
Last edited by: SkipG: Jun 27, 17 2:48
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

JSA wrote:

There is something seriously wrong with your brain

ETA: I see that you were actually joking and didn't buy that thing. I stand by my original comment though.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Last edited by: BLeP: Jun 27, 17 4:52
Quote Reply
Re: Prada Selling $185 Paper Clip [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
;-p I'm not above a frivolous trinket every now and then, but not anywhere near $600! Here is mine, that was $20.

This same company that makes the $600 cigar holder makes Ti valve caps for your car tires. They are only $250 for a set of four. Hell, you're losing money if you DON'T buy them!!

Quote Reply