Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Movie Review: Transformers - The Last Knight
Quote | Reply
Transformers - The Last Knight isn't as bad as that other review made it sound. It's not the greatest action / sci-fi film ever made, but it's pretty squarely in the range of what you should expect from a Michael Bay Transformers movie.

Last Knight follows from the events of the last movie. Optimus Prime is gone, on his way to find and destroy his creators. In his absence, more and more Transformers have been arriving on Earth, and the world has banded together in a general war between humans and robots, with govt and private companies hunting down Autobots and Decepticons alike. Marky Mark and his funky bunch of Transformers are in hiding, leading a token resistance to the anti-Transformer movement, and waiting for Prime's return. However, when Prime comes back to Earth, he is not the stalwart leader we have come to know, and the fate of Earth once again hangs in the balance. The heroes must learn the long held secrets of the Transformer's past on Earth, fight against Decepticons, human soldiers, and Prime himself, and eventually thwart the plans of a power greater than any previously imagined by humanity.

Last Knight is about what you've come to expect from this series. The plot is not particularly difficult to follow, but there are, as always, tons of huge action scenes, with a whole lot of stuff going on on the screen all at once. I can see how it could be too much for some viewers. If you are the kind of moviegoer who finds themselves overwhelmed if a gunfight includes more than two people,...this will not be the film for you. The CGI is good as usual, and the action is pretty non-stop. The acting is mediocre, even with the addition of Anthony Hopkins to the cast. The catch phrases, accents, and personality quirks of the Transformers themselves have worn themselves thin, but Bay continues to use them to full effect. There's plenty of robot on robot violence, and suggested dead people, but not much human gore or blood. There's a little bit of foul language, and some sexual innuendo, but no nudity or actual sex.

Overall, the movie is a big, noisy, messy robot on robot action movie. If you liked the previous Transformers films, you'll probably like this one too.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: Movie Review: Transformers - The Last Knight [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks man- I have 2 little boys, so it will be watched at some point. Hard choices- Captain Underpants, Spider Man, Transformers, or Cars 3...

If I don't, who will? -Me
It's like being bipolar in opinion is a requirement around here. -TripleThreat
Quote Reply