Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Advice Sought: Disc Wheel Left/Right Alignment is not Centered...cause for concern (pics included)?
Quote | Reply
Hi All,

So I was tightening up the brakes on my Felt IA 10 and realized that my disc (Flo) wheel is just a bit off center. The pics below show that the wheel sits maybe 1/8 of an inch askew to the left. There's also a pic from the bottom perspective.

There is no rubbing inside at all, it spins freely.

Is this a cause for concern? Should it be perfectly centered? If so...how would one accomplish this? Running an 11 speed SRAM Red casette.

Thanks!

---------------------------------------------------------------
My other car is a Felt. DFL>DNF>DNS.

"There will come a day you won't be able to do this, today is not that day."
Quote Reply
Re: Advice Sought: Disc Wheel Left/Right Alignment is not Centered...cause for concern (pics included)? [misha1809] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Check the wheel's dish.
Quote Reply
Re: Advice Sought: Disc Wheel Left/Right Alignment is not Centered...cause for concern (pics included)? [misha1809] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Horizontal dropouts?
Quote Reply
Re: Advice Sought: Disc Wheel Left/Right Alignment is not Centered...cause for concern (pics included)? [nickwhite] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nickwhite wrote:
Horizontal dropouts?

That was my thought ... their horizontal dropouts are not set correctly, thus throwing off the alignment of the wheel.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by imswimmer328 [ In reply to ]
Re: Advice Sought: Disc Wheel Left/Right Alignment is not Centered...cause for concern (pics included)? [nickwhite] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nickwhite wrote:
Horizontal dropouts?

Hey! Yes that was the issue. Didn't even have to adjust them, took out the skewer and found that the wheel was not right up against the dropout screw. Had to make a small adjustment to brake calipers and now it's perfectly center!

Thank YOU!

Ps. Newer flo discs are 10 or 11 speed compatible.

---------------------------------------------------------------
My other car is a Felt. DFL>DNF>DNS.

"There will come a day you won't be able to do this, today is not that day."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
misha1809 wrote:
Hi All,

So I was tightening up the brakes on my Felt IA 10 and realized that my disc (Flo) wheel is just a bit off center. The pics below show that the wheel sits maybe 1/8 of an inch askew to the left. There's also a pic from the bottom perspective.

There is no rubbing inside at all, it spins freely.

Is this a cause for concern? Should it be perfectly centered? If so...how would one accomplish this? Running an 11 speed SRAM Red casette.

Thanks!

My first thought is your horizontal dropout screws. Having the dish be off is possible but not likely.

Feel free to contact us directly or give me a call at 702-529-4744 to answer any questions with our products.

Take care,

Edit*: I see that was in fact the issue. Glad it was easily resolved.

Chris Thornham
Co-Founder And Previous Owner Of FLO Cycling
Last edited by: Canadian: Jun 26, 17 11:18
Quote Reply
Re: Advice Sought: Disc Wheel Left/Right Alignment is not Centered...cause for concern (pics included)? [imswimmer328] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
imswimmer328 wrote:
According to another thread, the Flo disc isn't 11 speed, so the dishing probably isn't right

Just to clarify... All of the FLO DISC wheels since March 1, 2014 shipped 11 speed compatible and dished for either 10 or 11 speed. Even the 10 speed FLO wheels that shipped before that date were dished for 11 speed compatibility. "10 speed to 11 speed dishing" isn't the issue.

Edit* Typo

Chris Thornham
Co-Founder And Previous Owner Of FLO Cycling
Last edited by: Canadian: Jun 26, 17 12:43
Quote Reply
Re: Advice Sought: Disc Wheel Left/Right Alignment is not Centered...cause for concern (pics included)? [Canadian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm sorry for adding confusion, I must have been looking at old posts. Thanks for clearing that up
Quote Reply