Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Durable noise cancelling headphones
Quote | Reply
I've taken a look at some of the other threads. Wireless would be nice, but durability is a top priority- I will use these 4 days/wk to lift and another 2-4 hrs/wk for yardwork. I dump sweat and live in the Southeast. What holds up well?

If I don't, who will? -Me
It's like being bipolar in opinion is a requirement around here. -TripleThreat
Quote Reply
Re: Durable noise cancelling headphones [lunchbox] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pricey, and not made for outdoors, but I've used Bose Quiet Comfort for years while mowing lawns all day long 5 days a week. After about 18 months replaced the ear cups.

The current model is the QC35 and is wireless.

I miss YaHey
Quote Reply
Re: Durable noise cancelling headphones [justgeorge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe those will do the trick. You're sweating on them a fair amount, I imagine?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
if i understand what you're looking for i think youre going to be hard pressed to find this. i am looking for some earbuds right now. i've an old pair of plantronics that i love, but have finally broke. prob had them 5-6 yrs. i want something for exercising and something that sounds good.

the problem i think you're going to have is the sweat producing/durable/tolerable combo. the best noise canceling is going to be over the ear, but it's going to be hot. i live in the southwest also, phoenix, and cant imagine wearing an over the ear cup outside in the summer. i have bose qc15's that i wear when i travel and love them. but there is no way i could wear them outdoors let alone exercising in them, either indoor or out. imo, i don't think they'd hold up to well with a lot of sweat either.

is noise canceling a top priority?

ΜΟΛΩΝ-ΛΑΒΕ
we're doomed
Quote Reply
Re: Durable noise cancelling headphones [Madduck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes. I turn my earbuds up way too loud to kill the noise when working in the yard, and pretty loud in the gym too. I need to preserve what I have, hearing-wise.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
oh man i understand that.
you're ok with over the ear type headphones?

ΜΟΛΩΝ-ΛΑΒΕ
we're doomed
Quote Reply
Re: Durable noise cancelling headphones [Madduck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am. It's either spend the money and get the Bose QC35's and risk killing them, or get something about $100 and not worry when I kill them in 2 years

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I recently decided to buy some noise-cancelling headphones. Looked through old threads here and talked to friends; Bose was the consistent recommendation. I was put off by the price, but ended up finding a set of QC15s on fleabay for about $100 that are nearly new. They seem to live up to the hype.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
lunchbox wrote:
Maybe those will do the trick. You're sweating on them a fair amount, I imagine?

All day every day. Originally I had a pair of wired QC 15s, after 2 years one side gave out and the local Bose store replaced them for $90 because they were out of warranty.

I miss YaHey
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Go for the qc30s.

Same quality of noise canceling as the 35s but in ear.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got some Sony MDR-ZX770BN wireless noise canceling headphones for about $100. Had them about 8 months, use them pretty much every day at work, and also when travelling, they've been great. I went cheap as I figure I'm likely to leave them on the plane or sit on them at some point, but honestly don't think I'd bother spending any more. Battery life is good, comfort is good, sound quality is good, noise canceling is good. I don't know how they'd stand up to sweat and outdoor use, but suspect they'd be no worse than a pair costing three times as much.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i had some sonys that i traveled with a lot for a good 5 years, i think, until the vinyl on the ear pads started flaking off. i gave them to my brother as beaters.

now for the last few years i've been on bose QC20s - very expensive, but damned good. they're earbud-style, so they pack up small. also, the noise cancelling 'mic/motor' unit isn't in the earbud itself, so if you wanted to put big isolation earmuffs over them, you could. their design is clever, so they'll stay in the ear well during exercise and stuff. highly recommended, and i think bose is solid on warranty issues.

-mike

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply