Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: TriRig front brake cove question [Grill] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I couldn't believe in this day and age an STer doesn't have a smartphone

That's exactly the kind of elitism that gives triathletes a bad name. No, I don't have a smart phone. I choose to spend my limited income differently.

I've had some issues with the Omega X. I contacted TriRig about them at the time. I got the response I got. The brake has enough going for it, and I had already spent the bucks on it, that I didn't feel a need to come on ST and press for a resolution from the manufacturer (something that I did have to do once regarding a Zipp part).

Now, several people have identified one of the problems I have had. I think the OP raised the issue in a respectful manner and was simply trying to figure out what to do. I shared that I too have had the same problem, as did others.

Like myself, the OP has made sure there is the correct clearance--and still has the problem.

You sure are hanging onto this. My question remains. What is your investment in this?

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig front brake cove question [Grill] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was just here to help, but I'm staying for you guys ;)

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig front brake cove question [Tri3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TIL smart phone = elitism
It's like $20-$30 for a phone that does video. Don't know of any tris that cheap.

As I've said twice before, I'm simply having difficulty coming to terms with the fact that you have no way to take and send a video. What about your laptop? Surely that has a camera...
My 90 year old grandparents live in a tiny village in the French countryside and they can't get off Skype.
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig front brake cove question... UPDATE [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bump
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So did this get resolved? Has me questioning a purchase.
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig front brake cove question... UPDATE [EnderWiggan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It sounds hit or miss some of the people I know that got the brake had the same problem with the cover that I had other people had no issue. To be honest that little plastic cover taking a little Dremel tool and taking just a smidge off that back bottom Edge took me all of 30 seconds to correct it I wouldn't let that be your deciding factor in this purchase
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
to be clear here, as i have the same issue and can't cut any more cable off without taking a dremel to the cable(about 3mm length of cable beyond wedge), you are talking about the long bottom cover portion that is right above the tire, correct? If so, how much did you take off?
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig front brake cove question... UPDATE [jeffp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jeffp wrote:
to be clear here, as i have the same issue and can't cut any more cable off without taking a dremel to the cable(about 3mm length of cable beyond wedge), you are talking about the long bottom cover portion that is right above the tire, correct? If so, how much did you take off?

This is not a cable issue regardless of what they tell you. I am speaking specifically about the cover the back lip of the of the cover below the magnets that faces the tire the very back Edge is hitting something back they're forcing the top front of the cover out giving you that big gap. Buy dremeling off a little bit of that edge you can get it to sit flush if you have anymore questions PM me and I will get pictures to you via text but I have problems posting stuff from my phone to this website
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig front brake cove question... UPDATE [EnderWiggan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
EnderWiggan wrote:
So did this get resolved? Has me questioning a purchase.

I recently purchased these brakes and have had zero issues.
Quote Reply

Prev Next