Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Pool workout questions
Quote | Reply
Okay so this is 2 questions in one thread. Both relating to the pool but not necessarily work out questions.

1. When I get done swimming in the pool I have copious amounts of water up in my sinuses. I never feel it go in and I never feel any pressure while I'm swimming it's not till I get out of the pool that it just started draining out. When I'm exhaling underwater I breathe through my nose so I don't understand how this is happening. Is this a problem and should I correct it.

2. I have a race coming up in 2 weeks and have not Worn my wetsuit yet this year. How bad would it mess up my wetsuit to do a workout or two in the pool with it. I'm sure the chlorine is not good for it but if I rinse it out immediately after what are the repercussions.
Last edited by: Fishbum: Jun 25, 17 7:14
Quote Reply
Re: Pool workout questions [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fishbum wrote:
When I get done swimming in the pool I have copious amounts of water up in my sinuses. I never feel it go in and I never feel any pressure while I'm swimming it's not till I get out of the pool that it just started draining out. When I'm exhaling underwater I breathe through my nose so I don't understand how this is happening. Is this a problem and should I correct it.
Quote:

My thought is that the water discharging out of your nose after swimming is just from your sinuses, not from water going up nose during swim. If you can't feel any water going up nose, prob very, very little if any is going up your nose. I think sinus drainage after swimming is quite common among swimmers.

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply
Re: Pool workout questions [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you can't get to open water, one swim in the pool won't kill it. Do rinse it off thoroughly.
Quote Reply