Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Attack of the Banzai (Canadian) Beavers
Quote | Reply
Canada: where even the beavers are cranky. ;-)

Known for its paddle-shaped tail and friendly, toothy face, the beaver is a living, gnawing symbol of Canada's industrious spirit. But don't be fooled by the cute and furry appearance.The big rodents can be dam ferocious. Beaver attacks are on the rise in Edmonton. In the past month, several people have reported that their dogs have been attacked at the Terwillegar off-leash park.Some pets have suffered serious injuries, and people are being encouraged to keep their dogs out of the water.

'They're aggressive': Edmonton beaver attacks prompt warning from Alberta trapper - Edmonton - CBC News

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Re: Attack of the Banzai (Canadian) Beavers [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We have special operators in nearly every western municipality that are hired to interrupt insurgent beaver dam building operations. Little shits almost never get the right permits to block waterways or extend remediation to downstream water users. Then there's the matter of the upstream flood damage that's caused. Luckily 'Murica has showed us how to deal with the flooding!
Quote Reply
Re: Attack of the Banzai (Canadian) Beavers [racin_rusty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
racin_rusty wrote:
We have special operators in nearly every western municipality that are hired to interrupt insurgent beaver dam building operations. Little shits almost never get the right permits to block waterways or extend remediation to downstream water users. Then there's the matter of the upstream flood damage that's caused. Luckily 'Murica has showed us how to deal with the flooding!

"Insurgent beaver dam building operations."

That's classic. ;-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Little shits almost never get the right permits to block waterways or extend remediation to downstream water users.

I used to run about once per week on a trail that was partially flooded due to a beaver dam. So one time I stopped and tore apart enough of the dam so the water would drain below the trail. The next week the dam was rebuilt several inches higher than the original dam. So I tore it down again. Next week it was rebuilt even higher so I gave up. Those fuckers are relentless. (But someone eventually got rid of the beavers and tore the dam down.)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don't mess with our beavers :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My dad ran a trapline when I was growing up. One of his "jobs" was trapping out beavers that were flooding various places. If you dismantle a beaver dam they just build it again the next night.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Re: Attack of the Banzai (Canadian) Beavers [len] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
len wrote:
My dad ran a trapline when I was growing up. One of his "jobs" was trapping out beavers that were flooding various places. If you dismantle a beaver dam they just build it again the next night.

Don't ever underestimate their dam building abilities. Some of their structures are massive. When I lived in a small town in Ontario cottage country a beaver dam broke and the whole downtown was flooded. Fortunately nobody was hurt but when the dam water hit it was like a mini tsunami.
Quote Reply
Re: Attack of the Banzai (Canadian) Beavers [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cerveloguy wrote:

Don't ever underestimate their dam building abilities. Some of their structures are massive. When I lived in a small town in Ontario cottage country a beaver dam broke and the whole downtown was flooded. Fortunately nobody was hurt but when the dam water hit it was like a mini tsunami.

This is why they need to get permits and ensure their dams are up to code.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Its all fun n' games, until....

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Quote Reply
Re: Attack of the Banzai (Canadian) Beavers [softrun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
softrun wrote:
Don't mess with our beavers :-)

Canadian Beaver is easily obtained
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Two beavers are better than one.

I miss YaHey
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Went to my sister's cabin this weekend. Lost power @ 12:30 am Sunday, fucking insurgent beavers successfully disrupted the power grid for over 10 hours. Had to make coffee on the coleman. MoFo's gonna die - they make great hats!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A few years ago I was up in Algonquin and the lake I frequent was very high. Higher than it should be. It had been a fairly dry summer. Anyway, we going fishing down the river and sure enough the first portage we come to has a beaver dam right across the river.

Insurgents raised the water level of two lakes by over a foot.

I spent about 10 minutes pulling apart the dam. I manage to make a hole about 1 foot wide. Then gave up. Damn dams are well built.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Last edited by: BLeP: Jul 4, 17 3:43
Quote Reply
Re: Attack of the Banzai (Canadian) Beavers [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Boy, who knew that Canadian Beaver was such angry Beaver? ;-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have you read about Argentinian Beavers? Now those are some real nasty fuckers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/..._in_Tierra_del_Fuego

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

One of my favorite super bowl commercials.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply