Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

backdoor brag? im kicking the door down and yelling from the rooftops!
Quote | Reply
my son just wrapped up his 2nd year of little league as a champion!

they finished the regular season in 1st place by just 1/2 a game. they followed that up by going undefeated in the playoffs in dramatic fashion. every playoff game they managed to dig themselves into a hole by giving up runs and trailing going into the last inning. each time they clawed their way back to squeak out a victory by 1 run.

their final playoff game to determine who went to the championship included a moment i will never forget. they were down by one, two outs, and a runner on third when my son walked to the plate with his entire team chanting his name. it gave me the chills. he managed to bring home the tying run and followed that up a couple plays later by sliding into home to score the winning run with his whole team yelling and hugging at the dugout!

the championship this morning was no different. they were down going into the final inning and once more pulled out the victory in a game that had everyone on the edges of their seats. 4 hours later he still has not taken off his uniform because he is so proud and he is already talking about next season. i am definitely going to enjoy this for a while.

who's smarter than you're? i'm!
Quote Reply
Re: backdoor brag? im kicking the door down and yelling from the rooftops! [veganerd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's great man. I am glad you were there to witness that.

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Last edited by: jkca1: Jun 24, 17 15:05
Quote Reply
Re: backdoor brag? im kicking the door down and yelling from the rooftops! [veganerd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's an awesome season and a fitting finale to it all. Sounds like you enjoyed it too.

Cool stuff.

Greg

If you are a Canuck that engages in gratuitous bashing of the US, you are probably on my Iggy List. So, save your self a bunch of typing a response unless you also feel the need to gratuitously bash me. If so, have fun.
"Don't underestimate Joe's ability to f___ things up" - Barack Obama, 2020
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good for him! That's really cool! Enjoy celebrating with him.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You know, one of my best memories as a kid was a very similar situation in little league.

Great story, and awesome that you were there to see it go down!

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
: )) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Poor kids sucked at losing the most!
http://southpark.cc.com/...917/no-more-baseball

Congrats! (seriously)
Quote Reply
Re: backdoor brag? im kicking the door down and yelling from the rooftops! [jkca1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks! One thing i did not get to witness in the season was him pitching for the first time and receiving the game ball from his coach. I happened to be in new york at the time and he told me the story over the phone. Ive only missed 3 games in 10 years of my kids athletic career and that one stung the most. Yesterday dedinitely helped ease that!

who's smarter than you're? i'm!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What a great thing to be part of! Those memories stay with you for a lifetime. Congrats to you and your son.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's awesome.

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
:)

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's one of those things that he'll remember forever.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congratulations!

But did you even find your stolen Kia Soul?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Awesome, and congrats. Some of my best memories from being a kid are from times like these!

"Honestly, triathlon is a pussified version of duathlon on that final run."- Desert Dude

Quote Reply
Re: backdoor brag? im kicking the door down and yelling from the rooftops! [teekona] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My youngest is in little league but still a rookie this year. Next year is the minors. I'm no big baseball fan but they really do it up in little league and make such a huge deal out of it and parental involvement is mandatory. I've been loving every boring inning. From t-ball where all the kids ran to the catch the ball (even the batter) up to now, where's he's wacking them into the outfield off the pitching machine!
Quote Reply