Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: CA highway crash [mr. mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mr. mike wrote:
Andrewmc wrote:
I bet the driver never saw him

The reason? Wasn't watching mirrors and didn't check blind spot

Lets be clear. The dick here is the driver. Had they been paying attention none of it would have happened

Obviously the biker should not have kicked him but then the driver doubles down and tries to kill him. C$$t is what he is.

yes, you have 2 people making mistakes here. 1 person's mistake involves damage to property. The 2nd person's mistake involves an attempt to do something that is almost certain to cause death of another.

On that basis, I go with the driver's bad acts as the more egregious of the two.

Blame:
Driver 99%
Biker 1%
Quote Reply
Re: CA highway crash [mr. mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mr. mike wrote:
Andrewmc wrote:

Lets be clear. The dick here is the driver. Had they been paying attention none of it would have happened

Obviously the biker should not have kicked him but then the driver doubles down and tries to kill him. C$$t is what he is.

yes, you have 2 people making mistakes here. 1 person's mistake involves damage to property. The 2nd person's mistake involves an attempt to do something that is almost certain to cause death of another.

On that basis, I go with the driver's bad acts as the more egregious of the two.

• the driver made a mistake on lane change and not seeing biker in blind spot - assumption.
  • Biker kicked the car and the car swerved into the biker - fact.
  • Car lost control and took out white avalanche(?) causing a major accident. Ruining a number of peoples days who weren't involved in this idiocy in the first place - fact
  • Biker left the scene of the accident - fact.

The only intentional act to cause harm was the biker kicking the car door.

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Re: CA highway crash [Leddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You think the driver lost control when he turned in to the bike? Thats an assumption not a fact

He certainly lost control after hitting the bike.

The driver did not make a "mistake" on the lane change. He crossed the lanes illegally.

I think you are simply favouring an analysis that gives you a desired outcome.

Driver nearly hits bike - mistake

Driver then tries to hit bike. Hits bike and then loses control - totally fucking reckless

You think he swerved from the kick

I think it was retaliation

Yours is every bit as much of an assumption as mine but given up to that point we know the only person involved prior to the kick who had broken the law was the driver and that the biker was minding his own business i am sticking with the driver being a c$$$
Quote Reply
Re: CA highway crash [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think he lost control because the biker kicked his car. But I can't say for sure. I agree we are making assumptions. But I also think your experiences riding ate leading you to want to believe the car was. 100% wrong. If more video surfaces or there's proof he went after the biker on purpose I'll easily change my mind on who is at fault.
From the video, it's a majority on biker.

Oh yea , and again he didn't stop or come forward so he looses pretty much all credibility with me.

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Re: CA highway crash [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Like I said in a previous post, eyewitnesses said that what you see in the video is only the very end of what happened. Before the video starts, the car tried to exit the carpool (HOV) lane and didn't see the motorcycle crowding the painted line. Guy on motorcycle almost crashes, then gets pissed starts road-raging on the car. He was kicking the passenger side of the car several times before the video even starts. Then what we see in the video, is where he fell back behind the car, then sped up on the driver's side and kicked it again. The kid in the car probably thought his car was getting hit again on the other side, because that was the side where the biker started the craziness. So he swerves away and loses control.

Like I said, eyewitnesses tell a completely different story than what you see when the camera starts rolling. They also said that the biker was antagonizing OTHER drivers before this one happened.

Also, you kick/punch/throw something at a moving car in California and you're going to be arrested for assault. You leave the scene of an accident and you're getting arrested for hit and run. The motorcyclist is in for a world of legal trouble when they find him.
Last edited by: RZ: Jun 27, 17 14:39
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Leddy wrote:
mr. mike wrote:
Andrewmc wrote:

• the driver made a mistake on lane change and not seeing biker in blind spot - assumption.
  • Biker kicked the car and the car swerved into the biker - fact.
  • Car lost control and took out white avalanche(?) causing a major accident. Ruining a number of peoples days who weren't involved in this idiocy in the first place - fact
  • Biker left the scene of the accident - fact.

The only intentional act to cause harm was the biker kicking the car door.

he did not make a mistake on a lane change. there is no lane change allowed crossing 5 solid lines between regular and HOV lanes. He took incredible risk breaking the law by going into the HOV lane. Why probably because he wanted to get somewhere 5 seconds sooner.

The driver of the car intentionally swerved to try to kill the biker.
Quote Reply
Re: CA highway crash [patf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
patf wrote:
Did any of you see the unedited video where the car illegally crossed five solid lines into the HOV lane from normal lanes. No one is allowed to do that. It wasn't just a mistake of not seeing the guy in his blind spot. The car practically killed him. He did not just cut him off as the news portrayed. the kick was just few seconds later. Obviously bad judgement since the car clearly tried to kill him a second time swerving toward him. yet all the press is about the cyclist. Wonder why the press dropped the first few seconds showing the car almost killing him? Did this make a better story?

Did you actually see the five lane crossing, or are you just repeating what you read somewhere? I didn't look very hard, but I haven't seen anyone post this.

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: CA highway crash [RZ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RZ wrote:
Like I said in a previous post, eyewitnesses said that what you see in the video is only the very end of what happened. Before the video starts, the car tried to exit the carpool (HOV) lane and didn't see the motorcycle crowding the painted line. Guy on motorcycle almost crashes, then gets pissed starts road-raging on the car. He was kicking the passenger side of the car several times before the video even starts. Then what we see in the video, is where he fell back behind the car, then sped up on the driver's side and kicked it again. The kid in the car probably thought his car was getting hit again on the other side, because that was the side where the biker started the craziness. So he swerves away and loses control.

Like I said, eyewitnesses tell a completely different story than what you see when the camera starts rolling. They also said that the biker was antagonizing OTHER drivers before this one happened.

Also, you kick/punch/throw something at a moving car in California and you're going to be arrested for assault. You leave the scene of an accident and you're getting arrested for hit and run. The motorcyclist is in for a world of legal trouble when they find him.

So why is the media showing the cut version which looks like the biker just kicked the car vs the full video where is clear he is first run out his lane by the driver of the car about 1 second before kicking the car? Does the media have some anti biker sentiment?
Quote Reply
Re: CA highway crash [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
video posted above. though I will admit to not counting that there are 5. there were at least 4.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
klehner wrote:
patf wrote:
Did any of you see the unedited video where the car illegally crossed five solid lines into the HOV lane from normal lanes. No one is allowed to do that. It wasn't just a mistake of not seeing the guy in his blind spot. The car practically killed him. He did not just cut him off as the news portrayed. the kick was just few seconds later. Obviously bad judgement since the car clearly tried to kill him a second time swerving toward him. yet all the press is about the cyclist. Wonder why the press dropped the first few seconds showing the car almost killing him? Did this make a better story?

Did you actually see the five lane crossing, or are you just repeating what you read somewhere? I didn't look very hard, but I haven't seen anyone post this.

He was obviously sitting inside the car with the driver when this went down. Otherwise, how would he know this: "The driver of the car intentionally swerved to try to kill the biker."
Quote Reply
Re: CA highway crash [Endo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Endo wrote:
klehner wrote:
patf wrote:

He was obviously sitting inside the car with the driver when this went down. Otherwise, how would he know this: "The driver of the car intentionally swerved to try to kill the biker."

Have you ever swerved your car unintentionally that much? Reasonable people watching that video would draw the conclusion he was trying to hit the biker.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
patf wrote:
RZ wrote:

So why is the media showing the cut version which looks like the biker just kicked the car vs the full video where is clear he is first run out his lane by the driver of the car about 1 second before kicking the car? Does the media have some anti biker sentiment?

I don't think there is an uncut version. RZ's earlier report contained the following: "This craziness prompted the witness to start recording."

War is god
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
patf wrote:
video posted above. though I will admit to not counting that there are 5. there were at least 4.

I must be looking at something else, because just after that is only the moto and the car side-by-side. I see no lane changes whatsoever.

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: CA highway crash [Crank] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I posted a longer version above. It was longer by a few seconds. it shows the car violating hov lanes forcing the bike out of their lane. I can't say there isn't an even longer version so it may have been cut too. But the media cut off a couple seconds showing what the car did to the biker. Why would they do that?
Quote Reply
Re: CA highway crash [50+] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
50+ wrote:
racin_rusty wrote:
Link to the full video somewhere?

If you watch at the very beginning you see the car cross the double yellow line and encroach on the biker, but as I've stated he could've slowed down, but instead chose to escalate the situation. Total dick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=No7v2ps6ukI

No, that's the OP's video, patf says that version is edited and a fuller version exists that shows the car driver antagonizing the biker.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
klehner wrote:
patf wrote:

I must be looking at something else, because just after that is only the moto and the car side-by-side. I see no lane changes whatsoever.

That guys rant includes both versions. you have to look at the one at the time I posted and you see the car going across the HOV divider in slow motion and then the kick. so probably only a second or two before the kick, he was forced over to the other lane by the car violating HOV lanes.
Quote Reply
Re: CA highway crash [racin_rusty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
racin_rusty wrote:
50+ wrote:
racin_rusty wrote:
Link to the full video somewhere?

If you watch at the very beginning you see the car cross the double yellow line and encroach on the biker, but as I've stated he could've slowed down, but instead chose to escalate the situation. Total dick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=No7v2ps6ukI

No, that's the OP's video, patf says that version is edited and a fuller version exists that shows the car driver antagonizing the biker.

My version shows both videos, including the car crossing into the hov lane forcing the guy into the next lane. he looked to be right next to the rear quarter panel. so I am not sure he could have slowed down vs being forced into the next lane. why would he expected someone to jump across the hov lanes separation.

neither videos shows anyone harassing anyone, but the longer video shows the car nearly wiping out the biker after violating the HOV lane.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So what about the video with the car crossing 5 lanes? You mentioned the car crossing 5 lanes and video of it.

Last edited by: Leddy: Jun 27, 17 16:41
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Leddy wrote:
So what about the video with the cat crossing 5 lanes? You mentioned the car crossing 5 lanes and video of it.

Actually, he said "five solid lines." If you look on the video, there are four lines separating the HOV lane from the rest of traffic. So, he was off by one.

FWIW, in my opinion, it does not look like the car swerved because of the kick. It looks retaliatory. It may very well have been a reflexive jerk of the wheel, but it doesn't appear that way. I split fault at 30% motorcycle for escalating and 70% car driver for retaliation.

Edited to add: I stand corrected. There are four yellow lines and one white one, so in fact, five solid lines.

''The enemy isn't conservatism. The enemy isn't liberalism. The enemy is bulls**t.''

—Lars-Erik Nelson
Last edited by: Danno: Jun 27, 17 15:47
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
patf wrote:
Endo wrote:
klehner wrote:
patf wrote:

Have you ever swerved your car unintentionally that much? Reasonable people watching that video would draw the conclusion he was trying to hit the biker.

Damn, this is the first time I have ever agreed with you. I am starting to doubt myself!
Quote Reply
Re: CA highway crash [Danno] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Danno wrote:
Leddy wrote:
So what about the video with the cat crossing 5 lanes? You mentioned the car crossing 5 lanes and video of it.

Actually, he said "five solid lines." If you look on the video, there are four lines separating the HOV lane from the rest of traffic. So, he was off by one.

FWIW, in my opinion, it does not look like the car swerved because of the kick. It looks retaliatory. It may very well have been a reflexive jerk of the wheel, but it doesn't appear that way. I split fault at 30% motorcycle for escalating and 70% car driver for retaliation.

Edited to add: I stand corrected. There are four yellow lines and one white one, so in fact, five solid lines.

Is there video of the car's driver-side wheels crossing over the five lines? I.e., is there video of the entire car illegally merging from the No. 1 lane into the carpool lane? Because all I've seen is the moment the passenger-side wheels are on the lines, which makes me think the driver drifted to the right in order to create space for the motorcycle on the left, between the car and the wall. Why the driver did that I have no idea, but that's all I see here.

My opinion (not that anyone asked): Both the driver and rider are a**holes who deserve each other and the poor white Escalade(?) driver has all my sympathy in the world for getting caught up in the other two's bullsh*t.

War is god
Last edited by: Crank: Jun 29, 17 14:49
Quote Reply
Re: CA highway crash [Crank] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Crank wrote:
Is there video of the car's driver-side wheels crossing over the five lines? I.e., is there video of the entire car illegally merging from the No. 1 lane into the carpool lane? Because all I've seen is the moment the passenger-side wheels are on the lines, which makes me think the driver drifted to the right in order to create space for the motorcycle on the left, between the car and the wall. Why the driver did that I have no idea, but that's all I see here.

My opinion (not that anyone asked): Both the driver and rider are a**holes who deserve each other and the poor white Escalade(?) driver has all my sympathy in the world for getting caught up in the other two's bullsh*t.

How about an eyewitness account? http://www.latimes.com/...-20170623-story.html

FWIW, the eyewitness, who shot the video, says the car was in the HOV lane 150 feet ahead and the motorcycle was in Lane No. 1, when the car came across the divider into Lane No. 1 -- opposite to what I was envisioning, but no less illegal. The video picks up after the initial contact of the car into the motorcycle and a kick from the motorcycle to the car's passenger side. When the video finally gets rolling, the motorcycle has slowed and come around to the other side of the car to kick the driver's side. It still looks like the swerve left is retaliatory to me. I still apportion more responsibility to the driver than to the motorcyclist, but I agree, they are both major dicks.

Quote:
It was about 5:45 a.m. Wednesday when Traber was in the passenger seat of his coworker’s car as they drove to work at a utility company in Burbank. They were headed southbound on the 14 Freeway, and driving in the No. 1 lane, when the man on a Harley Davidson-type motorcycle passed them on the left, riding close to the double-yellow lines that separate the general traffic lanes from the HOV lanes.

About 150 feet ahead was a Nissan sedan driving in the HOV lane, Traber said. Just as the motorcyclist was passing the sedan on the right-hand side, the sedan tried to exit the carpool lane and enter the No. 1 lane. That’s when the car bumped the bike.

“I’m sure he didn’t see the motorcyclist,” Traber said of the driver. “He scared the living daylights out of the motorcyclist. He almost went down. That guy can really handle his bike.”

Traber said that after the motorcyclist regained control, he pulled up to the car’s passenger door and began gesturing at the driver. Traber said he appeared to be saying something too, but Traber couldn’t hear him. He said he figured the biker was “saying something like, hey, you almost hit me! Watch out!”

Traber said it looked as though the driver was yelling something back at the biker, and that it didn’t help matters, because that’s when the motorcyclist started kicking the passenger door.

“I said, ‘Wow, man, something’s going to happen. I gotta get this,’” Traber said. “So I grab my phone and started recording.”

The motorcyclist then swooped behind the sedan, pulled up along the driver side and kicked the car again, Traber said. In a flash, the driver of the sedan swerved hard left and sideswiped the motorcyclist, almost sending him barreling into a concrete freeway divider, he said.

“As you can see, he lost control after doing that,” Traber said of the driver.

''The enemy isn't conservatism. The enemy isn't liberalism. The enemy is bulls**t.''

—Lars-Erik Nelson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the clarification. There are way too many differing accounts bouncing around, all except one by people who weren't there. I've lost track and you've brought me some clarity - thanks.

Agreed wholeheartedly on the retaliatory interpretation.

War is god
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Danno wrote:
Crank wrote:

FWIW, the eyewitness, who shot the video, says the car was in the HOV lane 150 feet ahead and the motorcycle was in Lane No. 1, when the car came across the divider into Lane No. 1 -- opposite to what I was envisioning, but no less illegal. The video picks up after the initial contact of the car into the motorcycle and a kick from the motorcycle to the car's passenger side. When the video finally gets rolling, the motorcycle has slowed and come around to the other side of the car to kick the driver's side. It still looks like the swerve left is retaliatory to me. I still apportion more responsibility to the driver than to the motorcyclist, but I agree, they are both major dicks.

Quote:
It was about 5:45 a.m. Wednesday when Traber was in the passenger seat of his coworker’s car as they drove to work at a utility company in Burbank. They were headed southbound on the 14 Freeway, and driving in the No. 1 lane, when the man on a Harley Davidson-type motorcycle passed them on the left, riding close to the double-yellow lines that separate the general traffic lanes from the HOV lanes.

About 150 feet ahead was a Nissan sedan driving in the HOV lane, Traber said. Just as the motorcyclist was passing the sedan on the right-hand side, the sedan tried to exit the carpool lane and enter the No. 1 lane. That’s when the car bumped the bike.

“I’m sure he didn’t see the motorcyclist,” Traber said of the driver. “He scared the living daylights out of the motorcyclist. He almost went down. That guy can really handle his bike.”

Traber said that after the motorcyclist regained control, he pulled up to the car’s passenger door and began gesturing at the driver. Traber said he appeared to be saying something too, but Traber couldn’t hear him. He said he figured the biker was “saying something like, hey, you almost hit me! Watch out!”

Traber said it looked as though the driver was yelling something back at the biker, and that it didn’t help matters, because that’s when the motorcyclist started kicking the passenger door.

“I said, ‘Wow, man, something’s going to happen. I gotta get this,’” Traber said. “So I grab my phone and started recording.”

The motorcyclist then swooped behind the sedan, pulled up along the driver side and kicked the car again, Traber said. In a flash, the driver of the sedan swerved hard left and sideswiped the motorcyclist, almost sending him barreling into a concrete freeway divider, he said.

That does not seem to agree with the video I posted. I.e. the car crossed into the HOV and not out of the HOV. Also, just a couple seconds after pushing the driver over he kicked the door.

So was the video altered (didn't look like it.) or did the report get all details of that story wrong. or did the car try to run him over twice, once from each direction crossing the lanes twice.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
patf wrote:
Danno wrote:
Crank wrote:

Quote:

That does not seem to agree with the video I posted. I.e. the car crossed into the HOV and not out of the HOV. Also, just a couple seconds after pushing the driver over he kicked the door.

So was the video altered (didn't look like it.) or did the report get all details of that story wrong. or did the car try to run him over twice, once from each direction crossing the lanes twice.

Your video picks up with the car mostly in the HOV lane on the lines. It's moving to the left, but there's no way to tell if the car is continuing movement from the regular lane into HOV, or if it is merely aborting it's move from HOV to regular lane and thus moving back to the center of the HOV lane.

I also understand from the story that there were two movements by the car into the motorcycle -- one when the cycle was in the non-HOV lane (on the car's right side) and one on the left (right before the car loses control). I also understand that there were two kicks -- one to the passenger side and one to the driver side. Reread the article -- the first swerve (apparently unintentional) and the first kick were not captured on the video, but prompted the cameraman to pull out his phone and start filming. Apparently, the film picks up after the motorcycle swooped behind the car and to its left.

The story seems completely consistent with what we see on the video.

—Lars-Erik Nelson
Quote Reply

Prev Next