Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Race tomorrow: forgot trisuit, need suggestion
Quote | Reply
Luckily, I have my training speedo in my swim bag. But I only have a dri-fit run top. To adhere to the no-nipples showing rule, I can wear it.

Question: it's a wetsuit legal race. Wear the run top under the wetsuit or risk struggling to get it on in T1?

wovebike.com | Wove on instagram
Quote Reply
Re: Race tomorrow: forgot trisuit, need suggestion [milesthedog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wear it under the wetsuit. I once saw someone struggle for >5 minutes in T1 at a race where I was spectating a friend.
Quote Reply
Re: Race tomorrow: forgot trisuit, need suggestion [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sounds like a plan

Quote Reply
Re: Race tomorrow: forgot trisuit, need suggestion [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:
Wear it under the wetsuit. I once saw someone struggle for >5 minutes in T1 at a race where I was spectating a friend.
-----------------------------------------------------------
yes, yes, YES wear it under.
peggy
Quote Reply
Re: Race tomorrow: forgot trisuit, need suggestion [milesthedog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
milesthedog wrote:
Sounds like a plan

Be sure to post pictures tomorrow night of you competing in your old-school Speedo!!!

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply
Re: Race tomorrow: forgot trisuit, need suggestion [ericmulk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No shirt, ride and run in wetsuit.
Quote Reply
Re: Race tomorrow: forgot trisuit, need suggestion [Mike Alexander] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mike Alexander wrote:

I see this as your only option.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:

This is how I have raced triathlon for the vast majority of triathlons the last 33 years...wear the run singlet under the wetsuit (with number pinned) Strip wetsuit after swim....ride and run in singlet.....done!
Quote Reply
Re: Race tomorrow: forgot trisuit, need suggestion [dashelj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dashelj wrote:
Mike Alexander wrote:

I see this as your only option.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How does one forget their racing gear??
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
wore the shirt under the wetsuit and while it was wet on the bike, it was fine. won the small sprint tri and enjoyed the day. Thanks!

as to the person asking how you forget something for a race.... it must be nice to be so perfect [and good looking]!

Last edited by: milesthedog: Jun 25, 17 4:33
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I forgot my cycling shoes in the trunk of my wife's car once. It was at the Desert Princess biathlon and didn't realize it until after I had finished the first 10K run.
Quote Reply
Re: Race tomorrow: forgot trisuit, need suggestion [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did you ride in your running shoes?

Oh yeah, someone asked for a photo. I'm not sure how this will work for my future academic career if someone looks me up online and finds that another grown man asked for a picture of me in a speedo on an online forum:

https://www.strava.com/activities/1052380798

Quote Reply
Re: Race tomorrow: forgot trisuit, need suggestion [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did you remember your skis and rifle?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jimatbeyond wrote:
I forgot my cycling shoes in the trunk of my wife's car once. It was at the Desert Princess biathlon and didn't realize it until after I had finished the first 10K run.

I left my bike shoes on the trunk after a tri and didn't remember until I got home and couldn't find them.
Quote Reply
Re: Race tomorrow: forgot trisuit, need suggestion [bufordt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bufordt wrote:
jimatbeyond wrote:

I left my bike shoes on the trunk after a tri and didn't remember until I got home and couldn't find them.

I did this once. It was my first time without a checklist. "I got this, I said to myself." Trouble was I was in a different country with now at a to get back for the shoes.

I ended up finding an Lbs and buying the cheapest pair of compatible shoes. Say hello to my new commuter shoes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was using Aerolite pedals, so running shoes would have been real rough. I think the bike portion was 38 miles.

My wife ran out to the car and got my cycling shoes for me. (I had no idea where she had parked.)
Quote Reply
Re: Race tomorrow: forgot trisuit, need suggestion [Macaroni Kid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Macaroni Kid wrote:
Did you remember your skis and rifle?

In the 1980s, a running and biking race was called a biathlon.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ok that picture was disturbing......... :0

------------------------------------------------------------
"PAIN is nothing compared to what it feels like to QUIT" Wink
Last edited by: mooseknuckle69: Jun 24, 17 17:52
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
milesthedog wrote:
wore the shirt under the wetsuit and while it was wet on the bike, it was fine. won the small sprint tri and enjoyed the day. Thanks!

as to the person asking how you forget something for a race.... it must be nice to be so perfect!

You won the race overall??? How many people total and what were your splits???

Quote Reply
Re: Race tomorrow: forgot trisuit, need suggestion [ericmulk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericmulk wrote:
milesthedog wrote:

as to the person asking how you forget something for a race.... it must be nice to be so perfect!

Small, very low key race with amazing scenery - had really been wanting to check out that area north of Covington and the mountains were pretty amazing. results:
https://static1.squarespace.com/...4422/prelim_bath.pdf

swim, bike and run posted on strava. didn't get to warm up on the bike so legs were a bit tight providing a clear ceiling, and if I wanted to bang out more power, I would have needed that warm up. hit the swim pretty hard and enjoyed the head-current and chop on the way back. Good small destination race with the Homestead resort, small cabins and b&b's, and the GW national forest all around with loads of waterfalls.

nit pick: the swim and bike distance appear to change some from year to year, so it's hard to compare times. this year, the swim was 80m extra and in addition to having some people biking on the wrong side of the road (their far left; out and back bike) and one guy with his bike upside down to change a flat in the middle of my right/his left side of the road as I was headed downhill; the bike was .3-.7 mile more than in previous years looking back at rides from the race on strava. Looking at the fastest time ever biked on the course, I found the person's strava activity and selecting the uphill section on the way out from both of our strava activitites to where he turned around (but where I kept going due to the longer course), we both held 20.7mph, so assuming we would have ridden the same speed on the way back downhill with nobody riding towards us on the wrong side of the road, my time could have been two and half minutes faster on the shorter course used in previous iterations of the race, which would have set the course record by more than 90 seconds. The course appears to have been the same as in 2013, when one of my swim partners won it in 1:09:43. A lot of folks don't care about that kind of thing, but if a race has been around for more than a decade, it's nice to compare times and aim to set a course record when previous years' competition isn't there to race head to head.

Last edited by: milesthedog: Jun 25, 17 9:54
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's so WRONG!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
milesthedog wrote:
ericmulk wrote:
milesthedog wrote:

Small, very low key race with amazing scenery - had really been wanting to check out that area north of Covington and the mountains were pretty amazing. results:
https://static1.squarespace.com/...4422/prelim_bath.pdf

swim, bike and run posted on strava. didn't get to warm up on the bike so legs were a bit tight providing a clear ceiling, and if I wanted to bang out more power, I would have needed that warm up. hit the swim pretty hard and enjoyed the head-current and chop on the way back. Good small destination race with the Homestead resort, small cabins and b&b's, and the GW national forest all around with loads of waterfalls. only complaint: the swim and bike distance appear to change some from year to year, so it's hard to compare times. this year, the swim was 100m extra and the bike was .3-.5 mile more than in previous years, though it was probably the same as in 2013 - a lot of folks don't care about that kind of thing, but if a race has been around for more than a decade, it's nice to compare times and aim to set a course record...

Pretty impressive though, you won by 16 min in 65 min (for you) race. You were clearly "the class" of the field. :)

Quote Reply