Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Williams 85mm Carbon Clinchers $700
Quote | Reply
These Williams 85mm carbon clinchers were purchased new in 2015. I'm selling the wheel set with both skewers and the brake pads for $700, plus shipping to be paid by the buyer. I will use PayPal to process the sale.

The wheels were used in three 70.3 races. I would estimate less than 1,000 miles on the wheels. There are a few minor cosmetic scratches on the rear wheel as pictured. Message me if interested. Thanks!
Last edited by: mwanner1: Jun 25, 17 19:04
Quote Reply
Re: Williams 85mm Carbon Clinchers $700 [mwanner1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Interested. Shimano compatible? 10 speed compatible? Honestly, a bit hesitant with the depth of the wheel, was looking in the 60 - 80 mm range. Need to think this one a through a bit.
Quote Reply
Re: Williams 85mm Carbon Clinchers $700 [Jayjuno] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The freehub body is Shimano/SRAM 9/10/11 speed compatible. I ran a SRAM 10 speed cassette with them.

I used them at Ironman New Orleans 70.3 last year in 25-30 mph sustained winds, so I'd say they can be used effectively in any conditions. They're definitely a versatile, fast and stiff wheel set. I also live in central Kentucky where we have a lot of short punchy climbs. The wheels have also performed well under those challenging conditions as well.
Last edited by: mwanner1: Jun 24, 17 2:19
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So, 3 halfs and I guess some training runs to get less than 1,000 miles on the wheels. Why are you selling? Looking to change set ups?

In Reply To:
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
how wide are they at the brake track?

Yellowfin Endurance Coaching and Bike Fits
USAT Level 1, USAC Level 3
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I do a lot of climbing and group rides with guys on road bikes where I live. The two combined along with riding a TT in a group negate using deep section wheels for me. Most of the guys ride road bikes. On descents and flats, I have to feather the brakes constantly to keep from running up on other riders. This happens a lot even with training wheels, much more so with the 85's. I try to get out front but I don't always stay there.

These wheels are super fast but just don't fit the riding I'm doing. I thought about keeping them, but can't really justify getting limited use out of such a nice wheel set.

Jayjuno wrote:
So, 3 halfs and I guess some training runs to get less than 1,000 miles on the wheels. Why are you selling? Looking to change set ups?

In Reply To:
Quote Reply
Re: Williams 85mm Carbon Clinchers $700 [surfNJmatt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They're 26mm width at the brake track.

surfNJmatt wrote:
how wide are they at the brake track?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bump
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
pm sent

Yellowfin Endurance Coaching and Bike Fits
USAT Level 1, USAC Level 3
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I sent you a PM reply.

surfNJmatt wrote:
pm sent
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did you get my PM reply?

surfNJmatt wrote:
pm sent
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
These wheels are still available. I've had a few PM's and some interest. Looking to move these. They're in excellent shape and they're fast!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sold
Quote Reply