Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Chattanooga Swim
Quote | Reply
Whats the current like swimming upstream in the Tennessee? Also, odds on having it be wet-suit legal?

http://www.ironman.com/~/media/6143fe0d1c0f4ccfb90ca23eff7e28d7/17wc703chatswim5.pdf

Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Swim [ttreise] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Odds of a wetsuit swim are pretty close to 0.

blog
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Swim [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah. I heard it in several other forums. I will not travel with mine.
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Swim [ttreise] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ttreise wrote:
Whats the current like swimming upstream in the Tennessee? Also, odds on having it be wet-suit legal?

http://www.ironman.com/~/media/6143fe0d1c0f4ccfb90ca23eff7e28d7/17wc703chatswim5.pdf

The pro women field thinned out real quick at Chatt 70.3... there was also a ton of rain the night before. It has the potential to have a strong current.

USAT Level II- Ironman U Certified Coach
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Swim [Im-a-miler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It won't be wetsuit legal and I'd be surprised if there was much of a current...August/early September will be hot and (usually) dry. They should have more control over the flow rates in late summer.
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Swim [JoelO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Past three years, for the full IM, it has not been wetsuit legal. And that was even with one year having a lot of rain before the event.

Also, the RD has done a good job working with the TVA to keep the flow controlled. Yes, the first year was a really fast current but it has been dramatically less the past two years. Only possibility of a strong current would be if there is heavy rain during September. Then the TVA has to do what they gotta do
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Swim [eye3md] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
eye3md wrote:
Past three years, for the full IM, it has not been wetsuit legal. And that was even with one year having a lot of rain before the event.

Also, the RD has done a good job working with the TVA to keep the flow controlled. Yes, the first year was a really fast current but it has been dramatically less the past two years. Only possibility of a strong current would be if there is heavy rain during September. Then the TVA has to do what they gotta do

Any word from TVA?
Quote Reply