Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

"Dropped" = "Released"
Quote | Reply
When did this happen?

There was a thread in the Tri Forum where someone said a bike company had "dropped" a bike model. More than one reader had a WTF moment thinking they were no longer making that model. Velonews has an article about Mavic "dropping" a new neutral suppprt bike. MSN has a teaser headline today asking whose album just "dropped".

Did I miss the memo explaining the new use of the word "dropped"?

"Human existence is based upon two pillars: Compassion and knowledge. Compassion without knowledge is ineffective; Knowledge without compassion is inhuman." Victor Weisskopf.
Quote Reply
Re: "Dropped" = "Released" [Alvin Tostig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Alvin Tostig wrote:
When did this happen?

There was a thread in the Tri Forum where someone said a bike company had "dropped" a bike model. More than one reader had a WTF moment thinking they were no longer making that model. Velonews has an article about Mavic "dropping" a new neutral suppprt bike. MSN has a teaser headline today asking whose album just "dropped".

It's been widely used in the music business for years.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's contextual, but the use of "dropped" with new releases of albums or anticipated, exciting products is nothing new. It's been used in that context for a bunch of years now, I'd think since at least when albums started being sold digitally.

Alvin Tostig wrote:
When did this happen?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Drop the beat, yo.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Since at least 1986.

https://en.wikipedia.org/...The_New_Style_(song)

Travis Rassat
Vector Cycle Works
Noblesville, IN
BikeFit Instructor | FMS | F.I.S.T. | IBFI
Toughman Triathlon Series Ambassador
Quote Reply
Re: "Dropped" = "Released" [Travis R] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Travis R wrote:
Since at least 1986.

https://en.wikipedia.org/...The_New_Style_(song)
Dang! I did miss the memo.

"Human existence is based upon two pillars: Compassion and knowledge. Compassion without knowledge is ineffective; Knowledge without compassion is inhuman." Victor Weisskopf.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
you mean that you dropped the ball?

http://www.litespeed.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply