Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: DNC Refusing Help from Feds on Hacking? [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
orphious wrote:
I dont care what reasons gave for Trump firing Comey. Fact of the matter is Comey needed to go. So given this new revelation if she is telling the truth should the Russian investigation now focus on Comey and the Obama staff for not doing anything about it? Thats all we here is how it is so important that we get to the bottom of this Russia conspiracy and now it appears that it wasn't important enough for the previous administration to do anything about it.

I didn't watch the video, because you couldn't pay me to watch that.

But isn't kicking 35 Russian spy-diplomats out of the U.S., shutting down two Russan compounds, and imposing sanctions on 9 individuals count as "doing something?"

And that was just the public response. Who knows what else is going on behind the scenes.

You could argue that wasn't enough. But whoever's making that argument should be careful to not lump in the new administration for some criticism because not only has the Trump administration done nothing since, publicly, they've rolled back some sanctions, and there was talk about rolling back a bunch more - though those weren't followed through on. The whole Flynn deal is speculatively about Flynn tipping off the Russians that the incoming administration would roll back the response against hacking.

The but-but Obama tactic doesn't quite jibe with the evidence.

Those sanctions were not for Russian meddling in the election so to imply they were imposed for doing so is disingenuous..
Quote Reply
Re: DNC Refusing Help from Feds on Hacking? [Old Hickory] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You support the guy and seem to take every opportunity you can here to reinforce that. It doesn't seem to support this claim.

Old Hickory wrote:
If you're wise, like me,......
Quote Reply
Re: DNC Refusing Help from Feds on Hacking? [orphious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
orphious wrote:
trail wrote:
orphious wrote:
I dont care what reasons gave for Trump firing Comey. Fact of the matter is Comey needed to go. So given this new revelation if she is telling the truth should the Russian investigation now focus on Comey and the Obama staff for not doing anything about it? Thats all we here is how it is so important that we get to the bottom of this Russia conspiracy and now it appears that it wasn't important enough for the previous administration to do anything about it.

But isn't kicking 35 Russian spy-diplomats out of the U.S., shutting down two Russan compounds, and imposing sanctions on 9 individuals count as "doing something?"

And that was just the public response. Who knows what else is going on behind the scenes.

You could argue that wasn't enough. But whoever's making that argument should be careful to not lump in the new administration for some criticism because not only has the Trump administration done nothing since, publicly, they've rolled back some sanctions, and there was talk about rolling back a bunch more - though those weren't followed through on. The whole Flynn deal is speculatively about Flynn tipping off the Russians that the incoming administration would roll back the response against hacking.

Those sanctions were not for Russian meddling in the election so to imply they were imposed for doing so is disingenuous..

They weren't?

http://www.cnn.com/...nced-by-white-house/
Last edited by: Virginia Plain: Jun 23, 17 9:09
Quote Reply
Re: DNC Refusing Help from Feds on Hacking? [Virginia Plain] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I stand corrected. Thanks and apologies Trail. I was thinking of the Russian involvement in Crimea.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
orphious wrote:

Say what?

The December 29 expulsions and Jan 2 sanctions were very clearly for Russian meddling:

Obama:

Quote:
Russia's cyberactivities were intended to influence the election, erode faith in US democratic institutions, sow doubt about the integrity of our electoral process, and undermine confidence in the institutions of the US government," a White House statement said. "These actions are unacceptable and will not be tolerated.

"

While Trump was saying we should just "move on" and do nothing.

The sanctions from 2015 that were rolled back were sanctions for unspecified hacking,

Quote:

BARACK OBAMA, President of the United States of America, find that the increasing prevalence and severity of malicious cyber-enabled activities originating from, or directed by persons located, in whole or in substantial part, outside the United States constitute an unusual and extraordinary threat to the national security, foreign policy, and economy of the United States. I hereby declare a national emergency to deal with this threat

We don't know, precisely, what that was in response too. But election hacking certainly falls into the category of "threat to national security." And it was serious enough to declare a "national emergency," so whatever it was, the Obama administration didn't like it.

And rolling them back in the context of the more recent specific election hacking isn't exactly taking a tough stance in my mind.

Nothing disingenuous about it. The facts aren't particularly kind to your attempted argument, here.
Last edited by: trail: Jun 23, 17 9:14
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
See above... :o)
Quote Reply
Re: DNC Refusing Help from Feds on Hacking? [MidwestRoadie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MidwestRoadie wrote:
You support the guy and seem to take every opportunity you can here to reinforce that. It doesn't seem to support this claim.

Old Hickory wrote:
If you're wise, like me,......

Sure it does. Remember the ol' Sticks and Stones children's rhyme? It really works.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DWS is one ugly duck.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Old Hickory wrote:
orphious wrote:

The DNC is not a government entity. But yea, if those "so concerned" about Russian shenanigans want to get to the truth then they should be happy to investigate the DNC actions or inaction.

If you were the DNC, would you allow Trump to have access to your server?

The hacking is over, the election is over. We know who did it. What purpose is served at this point?

I assume there are things on there that they don't want public. I do not assume, though there could easily be, things that are nefarious. Maybe Pedestal doesn't want the rest of his recipes made public.

ETA - I'll leave Pedestal because it is a nice little autocorrect - but Podesta

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Last edited by: j p o: Jun 23, 17 12:41
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Old Hickory wrote:

The DNC is not a government entity. But yea, if those "so concerned" about Russian shenanigans want to get to the truth then they should be happy to investigate the DNC actions or inaction.

I hope they can see their way clear to letting this go...

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
orphious wrote:

-
Think about how pissed Obama must have been with Putin. I think he did not realize how much Hillary pissed in Putin's Wheaties, and that Putin would get even if possible. Bad for Obama, because he desperately wanted Hillary in to protect his legacy. Putin came out the big winner, with a hapless Trump the recipient of the office due to a feud among heads of state. Dems are still screaming in agony at the loss, and at Trump undoing lots of Obama's executive actions with those of his own.
-
ps. don't let Trump see that bolded line, or he'll call me out on Twitter.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
Duffy wrote:
So is the FBI/Comey good or bad now?

I'm confused.

BTW, the Dems are hiding something and it's probably something significant.

What could be more significant than the earth-shattering revelation that the party didn't much like Bernie?

They faked the Russian hack? Just a stupid conspiracy theory.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why does everyone assume it was the Russians who hacked the DNC? Are these the same mouth pieces that talked about a Russian/Trump collusion for 8 months?
As far as I know Wikileaks Julian Assange continues to deny that Russian government was the source of the hacked (Spearfished) emails from the DNC and Hillary Clinton campaign chairman John Podesta. I think Wikileaks has a far better track record of telling the truth than our intelligence agencies. According to Jeh Johnson (DHS) these agencies never even got hold of the DNC server.

What I find so amazing, is the lack of scrutiny/punishment for the DNC who got caught rigging the election.

From the media- Russia Russia Russia!!! The media on the DNC Hillary favored rigging... crickets...

Last edited by: getcereal: Jun 24, 17 23:02
Quote Reply
Re: DNC Refusing Help from Feds on Hacking? [getcereal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
getcereal wrote:
Why does everyone assume it was the Russians who hacked the DNC? Are these the same mouth pieces that talked about a Russian/Trump collusion for 8 months?
As far as I know Wikileaks Julian Assange continues to deny that Russian government was the source of the hacked (Spearfished) emails from the DNC and Hillary Clinton campaign chairman John Podesta. I think Wikileaks has a far better track record of telling the truth than our intelligence agencies. According to Jeh Johnson (DHS) these agencies never even got hold of the DNC server.

What I find so amazing, is the lack of scrutiny/punishment for the DNC who got caught rigging the election.

From the media- Russia Russia Russia!!! The media on the DNC Hillary favored rigging... crickets...

We don't have to assume. We pay a lot of people to figure this out. They did. Russia tried to influence our election through nefarious means.

Why are you apparently OK with that? The part that is amazing is how many supposedly patriotic people are willing to blow that off.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: DNC Refusing Help from Feds on Hacking? [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
getcereal wrote:

We don't have to assume. We pay a lot of people to figure this out. They did. Russia tried to influence our election through nefarious means.

Why are you apparently OK with that? The part that is amazing is how many supposedly patriotic people are willing to blow that off.

Is this a new revelation to you? Is Russia trying to influence an election actually new to you? I have no idea if Russians hacked the DNC servers or not, but this fall back that you are using is simply amazing - they (Russia, Soviets) have been trying to influence our government since the cold war began and ended. Do you realize we do the same thing?
Quote Reply
Re: DNC Refusing Help from Feds on Hacking? [getcereal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
getcereal wrote:

It's ironic that we only know about the latter because of the former.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
getcereal wrote:

It's ironic that we only know about the latter because of the former.

Not true at all. You know about the HRC rigging because of Wikileaks. You think the Russians are behind Wikileaks because Rachel Maddow says so and the Dems paid some media organization to produce a 'dossier'.

No evidence yet...after 8+ months of Maddow getting high ratings.

The whole Russia thing is getting funnier and funnier. The people espousing it keep seeming crazier and crazier...birther types.

----------------------------------------------------------------

My training
Quote Reply
Re: DNC Refusing Help from Feds on Hacking? [stal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stal wrote:

Not true at all. You know about the HRC rigging because of Wikileaks. You think the Russians are behind Wikileaks because Rachel Maddow says so and the Dems paid some media organization to produce a 'dossier'.

Who's Rachel Maddow? (which I mean semi-seriously....I'm aware she's a TV personality of some sort, but that's about it - I don't watch TV)

Putin basically boasted about it. You could call that just Putin trolling/lying, I suppose....

There's also a leak from the dreaded unnamed sources that the CIA has "high confidence" that the GRU was behind the hack. (NY Times)

But if you don't trust Putin, the NY Times, or unnamed sources and you're interested in learning more about the technical details and why most private cybersecurity experts who've examined the data put a pretty high probability that it was the Russians, Ars Technica makes a pretty good case. And here. Using data from private cybersecurity firms. And Ars is pretty credible on the subject. And they're no stooge of the "security establishment."

There's no definitive proof that "Guccifer 2.0" was the Russian state itself vs. some private hackers who routed their work through Russia. Like all counter-intelligence analysis there's almost always a degree of uncertainty. Since professional spies usually practice decent tradecraft and don't leave obvious evidence. But given the pretty definitively proven other Russian election hampering combined with the Crowdstrike stuff, I'm pretty comfortable making the jump. If better evidence comes along I'm willing to reconsider. But until then it's Occam's Razor for me.

I do look forward to Mueller's report.
Last edited by: trail: Jun 25, 17 16:12
Quote Reply
Re: DNC Refusing Help from Feds on Hacking? [tigermilk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tigermilk wrote:
DWS is one ugly duck.
yep!

She also has a serious blinking issue going on! Googled blinking and this popped up...is she fibbing?

The eyes can, however, still provide useful insights into whether or not your suspect is lying. An increased blink rate is often consistent with telling lies. On average people blink 6 - 8 times per minute when not lying. When blinking at this rate their eyes remain closed for approximately 1/loth of a second.
Last edited by: SkipG: Jun 25, 17 18:11
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:

But if you don't trust Putin, the NY Times, or unnamed sources and you're interested in learning more about the technical details and why most private cybersecurity experts who've examined the data put a pretty high probability that it was the Russians, Ars Technica makes a pretty good case. And here. Using data from private cybersecurity firms. And Ars is pretty credible on the subject. And they're no stooge of the "security establishment."

No, I don't trust 'unnamed sources'. I especially don't trust the NY Times, especially when the only thing they can make money/eyeballs on is the Russia thing.

Per your post, however, you apparently trust Ars Technica/Crowdstrike who is LITERALLY PAID BY THE DNC. Please read the article you linked...it's right there. A cool name and hacker-ey looking website doesn't impress me.

I suggest you find some better sources. Perhaps the FBI? Oh wait, the DNC didn't want the FBI to look at their servers...only folks that they were paying like your 'source' Ars Technica.

To any reasonable non-partisan observer, there is no evidence here yet. There is, however, plenty of proof that Trump's policies are going to cause massive damage.

To the majority of today's democrats, however, they only care about the red herring Russia crap. It's hilarious and sad at the same time.

ETA add Crowdstrike as the contractor for the DNC.

My training
Last edited by: stal: Jun 25, 17 16:35
Quote Reply
Re: DNC Refusing Help from Feds on Hacking? [stal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stal wrote:

Per your post, however, you apparently trust Ars Technica/Crowdstrike who is LITERALLY PAID BY THE DNC. Please read the article you linked...it's right there. A cool name and hacker-ey looking website doesn't impress me.

Ars is not paid by the DNC. And a half dozen of Crowdstrike's competitors confirmed what they saw.

But thank you for your skepticism. I read and consider contrary opinions to try to keep myself honest. I'll avoid using absolute terms and instead use "high confidence," etc in the future.

But I'll mark this thread because I think eventually there'll be more revealed, and it'll confirm my judgment. But if it doesn't, I'll come back here and take it like a man.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
stal wrote:

Ars is not paid by the DNC. And a half dozen of Crowdstrike's competitors confirmed what they saw.

But thank you for your skepticism. I read and consider contrary opinions to try to keep myself honest. I'll avoid using absolute terms and instead use "high confidence," etc in the future.

But I'll mark this thread because I think eventually there'll be more revealed, and it'll confirm my judgment. But if it doesn't, I'll come back here and take it like a man.

Fair enough. If I read your article correctly, though, Crowdstrike's 'competitors' all confirmed what they saw based on what they were given...which was data given to them by Crowdstrike via the DNC.

Thus, at the end of the day, Crowdstrike and all of their competitors are relying on information from the DNC.

If you trust the DNC...I've got a huge bridge to sell you!

My training
Quote Reply

Prev Next