Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

What's your recovery routine?
Quote | Reply
Been thinking more and more about what my ideal recovery routine is post-workout (inspired by a post I read on this site), and would love to hear what others are doing.

Usually it's something like this:

1. Twenty minutes of warming down. Once the meat and potatoes set is done I usually am ready to blow town, but doing some easy, technique-oriented work at the end of the session leaves me feeling noticeably better over the rest of the day and the following morning.

2. Post-workout snacks. A shake and some fruit until I can get home and let the eating really begin.

3. Foam rolling and stretching before bed, and when I wake up. The more the better, particularly hitting my hips and low back.

For the really rugged days and bouts of training:

EMS machine. I bought the MarcPro a few years ago and am not sure what I ever did without it. Always try to hit my traps after a big swim, or the quads on the couch late at night after a big bike day. They are expensive, but I swear by mine.

What's your go-to moves for faster recovery?
Quote Reply
Re: What's your recovery routine? [JessicaRandall] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
After long weekend sessions, it's usually a shake, beer and yard work. Then some foam rolling, Compex, and a hot bath later in the day. And another beer.

Weekdays, just some light stretching and Compex.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Recoverite and feet up naps. Maybe a bit of Cabernet therapy later...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The better shape I'm in, the better I recover. I eat when I'm hungry and sleep when I'm tired.

If I had to spend an additional hour plus cooling down and stretching and all that, I'd seriously find another sport. Yikes!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
NormaTech and Netflix with the family.

Team Zoot
2019 Sponsors: Canyon Bikes, Garmin, Smith Optics, Gatorade, Zealios Skin Care & Sun Protection, Speedfill Products, Base Performance, Ottolock, Theragun, Boco Gear, ORR Carbon Wheel Systems, Giddy Up Multisport
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Something like this! Rapid Reboot compression boots and watermelon, for some reason I love watermelon after a hard workout, however it's the boots that are actually doing the most good.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Feet up on the couch and a beer. If I'm really sore, I'll soak in the tub.

I have a massage stick, but the toddler found it and hid it somewhere.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nothing, just start my day doing my real life.

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Soak my feet in Epsom Salt. But these days I'm mostly running. When I was biking more I'd lay with my legs up on the couch.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Recovery is about recovery, so I always do recovery drink and hydration. Other than the simple stuff...

1. Nap after workout
2. Do nothing for 24 hours
2. Swim at a super slow pace for 1000 yards
4. Do nothing for 48 hours.
5. Maybe stretch a bit
6. You feel pretty good by by now,.... So throw down because you have sparks shooting out of your ass.
Quote Reply
Re: What's your recovery routine? [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
h2ofun wrote:
Nothing, just start my day doing my real life.

This... I don't need anything fancy that cost extra $$$.
Quote Reply