Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Quick flat fix with a disc
Quote | Reply
I see a few threads on using Vittoria Pit Stop, Hutchinson thing etc. but all date to at least 2 years ago, wondering if folks have found more viable solutions since then. I do carry pitstop with me, but I'm fairly certain it won't be of any help with a disc due to not being able to fit it onto the valve correctly. On race day, my disc has a latex tube (Vittoria) with conti gp clincher tire. I have an adapter to pump the disc and frankly, struggle with that and have someone help me. Any good adapters for Pit Stop out there that actually work?

Please share if you have solid solutions.
Quote Reply
Re: Quick flat fix with a disc [friskyDingo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Hutchinson canister includes a tube that your would be to use with your disc wheel. Do a quick search on amazon, they run about $14-15.
Quote Reply
Re: Quick flat fix with a disc [TRIspud] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, have you successfully used one of these? I see a couple of reviews with "Mine did not arrive with brass adaptor, making it useless for Presta valves" as well as people not having much success with it, so wanted to hear of people actually using something like this with success.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Works great on tubulars (so far my experience) really depends on the size of the hole.

Those brass adapters can be had at pretty much any lbs for a buck.

Maurice
Quote Reply
Re: Quick flat fix with a disc [mauricemaher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, that's encouraging. I'm also finding a lot of references to effetto and "crack pipe" - wonder if people mean something like this (I can't use that thing with my pump without help, doubt I can get this to work successfully during a race by myself).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I actually use that same Crackpipe/adapter with my pump (Specialized Airtool), and am able to pump without assistance. It obviously helps if the presta valve is pointing directly up, but I have noticed that the pump plays a big role in this as well.

Have heard of mixed stories with Hutchinson as well, and a majority of the feedback I have heard (on both side) say it is worth the chance of it working since you might waste 20-30 second total trying to fix it w/ that method as opposed to taking off the rear wheel, changing, tube, re-installing, etc.

IG: NCGregory8778
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Put sealant in your tubes a preventive measure and stop carrying Pit Stop. Also helps with latex leaking air. I use about 2oz of orange seal in each tube.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why mess with this stuff at all if you are running a tubed clincher?

Just yank that I've out and stuff a new tube in in like a minute.

Tubular sure, but I can do this disk or any wheel pretty quickly.
Quote Reply
Re: Quick flat fix with a disc [iamuwere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yup, gotta practice to make it quick for sure. Just want to know about all the options. One of my flats came at mile 104 with really flat fast riding left. I didn't have any sort of sealant and was reluctant to make a change (was sort of in a daze and thought I'm closer to the end of the bike). Lost ~min per mile riding, definitely would have been better to stop and change if I can do this in under 8mins which I should...
Quote Reply