Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Any skin maintenance routine?
Quote | Reply
Weird question I know...but here it goes: Anyone taking care of their skin? If yes how and does it make a difference?

Context: Approaching 40 and have been an outdoor person all my life. That outdoor life and age combined is starting to become noticeable. It is part of life and that is fine, just wondering if anyone is doing anything to maintain their skin esp in the face? My only skincare routine is applying SPF when I go for a long ride or run.
Quote Reply
Re: Any skin maintenance routine? [andreasjs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I typically wear mine on the outside to protect my innards from UV rays, dust storms, locust plagues, and such. And I wash it occasionally.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Re: Any skin maintenance routine? [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When you occasionally was it, do you throw it in the laundry machine or do you hand wash?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For the past year, since coming back from living in SE Aisa, I have applied coconut oil to my face and neck every morning after a shower.

It is the best thing I've used to keep my skin from being dry.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Typically I just toss it out and pull up a new set from the well.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When I actually shave (as opposed to the trimmer at be closest setting & stubble), I use a pre-shave oil and follow up with lotion where I've shaved.

Otherwise I use a face lotion with a little SPF 15 in it on my face & neck. I should do this daily, but forget to do so regularly. The Everyman Jack stuff from Target or Harry's is affordable enough and fine.

I'm outside a lot and should use sun screen, but rarely do unless it's super hot and super bright out.

The real problem with being nearly 40 isn't my skin but the random freaking hairs that are growing from random locations. I'm pretty sure I've developed some lemur DNA.

andreasjs wrote:
Weird question I know...but here it goes: Anyone taking care of their skin? If yes how and does it make a difference?

Context: Approaching 40 and have been an outdoor person all my life. That outdoor life and age combined is starting to become noticeable. It is part of life and that is fine, just wondering if anyone is doing anything to maintain their skin esp in the face? My only skincare routine is applying SPF when I go for a long ride or run.
Quote Reply
Re: Any skin maintenance routine? [tfleeger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In the shower I use a water activated gel cleanser, then a honey almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb-mint facial mask which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an after shave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm 52 and have good skin for my age. I started to notice some faint wrinkles on my forehead, so I started using a moisturizer about a year ago. I use Neutrogena with spf 15. I have noticed a definite improvement in my skin. The appearance of the wrinkles is diminished to the point where they're almost completely gone, and overall my skin is firmer and smoother. So I plan on continuing with skin care going forward.

It's interesting that the OP premised the question as weird. I assume that's because most men don't do any skin care. I'm glad I gave it a try.
Last edited by: zed707: Jun 21, 17 16:01
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
None for me. I'm going for the ruggedly handsome Clint Eastwood look. Bring on the wrinkles!
Quote Reply
Re: Any skin maintenance routine? [Old Hickory] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Old Hickory wrote:

That's my daily go to. But I swear to god it's the cause of the yellow rings around the neck of my white undershirts. Don't get them anywhere else (i.e. Sleeve cuffs), only the part that gets dragged over the region with spf.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My wife recently started selling this Rodan and Fields stuff, I've never been one to use anything other than soap and water. I'll be 40 this year and do have some sun damage and dark spots. She insisted I try one of the RF products to see if it would help my skip. She got me a 4 step box of shit. 1 is a face wash, 2 is a toner (what ever the hell that is), 3 is a cream that helps lighten the dark spots and 4 is some good sunscreen.

The stuff costs an arm and a leg like $165. Seems to be helping after a few weeks. The kit lasts about 2 months I think. I feel gay for even posting this.
Quote Reply
Re: Any skin maintenance routine? [wimsey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is exactly what came to my mind when I read this thread title! Well played. Great movie.

As for the OP. I exfoliate daily... with sawdust.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply