Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Western Nations Have Lost an Average of 14 IQ Points (1889 to 2004) [jwbeuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jwbeuk wrote:
So no conservatives or Republican's accept evolution? Why do I have a feeling you have contributed to the decline.

Tibbsy wrote:
While liberals aren't bright at all they do accept evolution which makes them smarter than conservatives.

Lesser numbers of conservatives or Republicans accept evolution. No surprise there.

http://www.gallup.com/...fer-creationism.aspx
Quote Reply
Re: Western Nations Have Lost an Average of 14 IQ Points (1889 to 2004) [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That article was written May 23, 2013... not that there's anything wrong with that.
Quote Reply
Re: Western Nations Have Lost an Average of 14 IQ Points (1889 to 2004) [ThisIsIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ThisIsIt wrote:
trail wrote:
The idea that intelligence can be represented by a single number is dumb.

Sure, just that whatever IQ does measure it's seemed to have been improving steadily as education has become more widespread and extensive.

Yes - I wasn't really replying to your point directly, just making a general statement.
Quote Reply
Re: Western Nations Have Lost an Average of 14 IQ Points (1889 to 2004) [Tibbsy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tibbsy wrote:
Very much so.

That's like saying triathletes are liberals, that is definitely not true either.
Quote Reply
Re: Western Nations Have Lost an Average of 14 IQ Points (1889 to 2004) [racin_rusty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The more conservative the relegion the more conserative politics. I don't know how to argue this because I have never met anyone who didn't agree with this. I am just not aware of any evangelical Democrats.
Quote Reply
Re: Western Nations Have Lost an Average of 14 IQ Points (1889 to 2004) [Tibbsy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well approximately 50% of Christians identify Catholicism as their religion are you going to tell me that Catholics identify with conservatism? If so, you may wish to go over a few of the threads in the few years while you were out.
Quote Reply
Re: Western Nations Have Lost an Average of 14 IQ Points (1889 to 2004) [racin_rusty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Review the news stories any will is blocking science education. Compared to an evangical Republican your average Catholic is a leftist. The Catholic church has a great understanding of science.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The spread of liberalism... ;)

Wait a minute, I thought it was all the highly educated liberal elites that were ruining it all! :)

Anyway - back to BK's premise - from my anecdotal observations, I'm not surprised to hear see stuff like this - that we are collectively less intelligent and less smart!

Daily I encounter people, and I truly wonder, how they get though their day, or have reached their level of "success", with what appears outwardly as a shockingly low level of intelligence.

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: Western Nations Have Lost an Average of 14 IQ Points (1889 to 2004) [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well you know google is hard, except that it's too easy and too often people accept the first result as the correct answer. Maybe not stupid but lacking in critical thinking skills.
Quote Reply
Re: Western Nations Have Lost an Average of 14 IQ Points (1889 to 2004) [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Some people right time, right idea. I knew a fellow who was a dairy farmer and he got the idea of selling dairy farms to Europeans who wanted to relocate. Dairy farming in Holland and Switzerland, limited land base, more and more regulation. Farmers were having to plow around bird nests on their own land that were identified by local naturalist club in spring.

He was Dutch so he spoke the language. Goes to Europe every few months identifies buyers. Starts selling farms the low end is a couple of million. Five percent of two million only has to sell a farm every few months. Guy would visit all the dairy farms in 200 mile radius chat farmers up when they wanted to sell he was their guy. Guy never went past grade 8.

My dad's old business partner multi millionaire 30 years ago. Went to all the town council meetings got wind of a road they were building called the 404. Got a few partners bought a 200 acre farm right beside where it goes through Newmarket. . Sat on it for about 10 years sold for big money. Both these two guys if you had a conversation with them you wouldn't be impressed.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Last edited by: len: Jun 21, 17 18:38
Quote Reply
Re: Western Nations Have Lost an Average of 14 IQ Points (1889 to 2004) [len] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So he's the guy responsible for this asshole
Quote Reply

Prev Next